Help! Losing my hair!

Janet P.
on 1/17/20 9:49 am

Actually my hairdresser was the one who suggested the Nioxin and starting it before surgery. My hair still fell out. It started about 3-4 months post-op and lasted about 6 months. I was also very fortunate to have a headfull of hair so the loss wasn't as dramatic.

I hope you find some solution.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

GorgeousBD
on 2/5/20 11:30 pm

Taking Nioxin as well as zinc and iron supplements is a good idea too. Though the effect will be noticeable after 4-5 months for sure. Don't forget to replace your old styling tools for proper ones, better ask you hairstylist about those. I would recommend checking this page for this. Cheers.

Teenie
on 1/16/20 12:55 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I actually have a teaching certificate in cosmetology and have experienced the same thing you are going through now. It is the nature of the beast and I do not care what anyone says once it starts you can not do anything to stop it or make it grow faster. If there was something out there that actually grew hair do you believe there would be as many bald people(Men and women) in the world. So I suggest find a hair style that can make it less noticable and give it about 2 years from your surgery date to come back to where it was. I used none of the vitamins or gimmicks out there and I am now happy with me regrown hair. It's a shame it's so frustrating when it happens. This to shall pass. Good luck on your journey.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Tidgel
on 1/16/20 3:46 pm
RNY on 04/15/19

Thank you for your support Teenie. It is encouraging to hear that things will get better further down the road in my journey. I have been long considering cutting my hair and trying a new stye, even before my surgery. Maybe it's time for a change!

sweetpotato1959
on 1/16/20 9:36 pm

Zinc losenge one every other day x 3.. then once week. One is called Cold EZE. Our surgeon linked hair loss to zinc drop in weeks after surgery. should stop it with few days. Other tips help but this stopped mine and Moms each time we had sudden hair loss. after WLS.

Most Active