Orbera Balloon for weight loss

LeonaCR
on 2/7/20 6:33 pm

Has anyone here had the Orbera Balloon procedure? If so, what has been your experience? I am still researching my options and would value your feedback.

kathkeb
on 2/7/20 6:45 pm

Asked my doctor about it last spring -- he doesn't do them, said that the results are not there and the risks are high.

Kath

LeonaCR
on 2/10/20 7:13 am

Thank you for your feedback!

White Dove
on 2/8/20 2:00 am - Warren, OH

They are a short term procedure, like getting ready for a wedding and want to lose some weight quickly. Some surgeons use them with very obese people to get them quickly to a weight where they can more safely have permanent weight loss surgery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

LeonaCR
on 2/10/20 7:15 am

Thank you for sharing your insights. I had not heard of the balloon being used for a short term weight loss in order to be able to have another weight loss surgery.

White Dove
on 2/10/20 7:40 am - Warren, OH

They cannot stay in longer than six months and the lost weight comes back quickly

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Laura in Texas
on 2/10/20 9:04 am

Please research this thoroughly. I have only read bad things about this procedure.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

LeonaCR
on 2/13/20 2:40 pm, edited 2/13/20 6:40 am

Will do Laura...Thank you!

Dee_Caprini
on 2/10/20 10:17 am

Hello there, I have found a lot of resources in the articles that have been shared... there have been several that have been written about the balloon procedures, https://www.obesityhelp.com/index.php?s=Balloon and I hope this helps you understand a little bit more. I have seen that not all surgeons perform it, so you will have to check with your insurance to see if they cover it, and where you can go to have it inserted/filled/monitored.

LeonaCR
on 2/11/20 8:18 am

Thank you so much for the link!

Most Active