Recommend me a good chair for my skinny self

MizzzCee
on 3/1/20 3:01 pm
DS on 12/17/18

I bought a set of Wayfair recliners before WLS and now my butt hurts to sit in them (135 lbs down). Tell me how you find good supportive chairs post surgery? I have a butt cushion in the chair but it's not a great solution.

I wake up now with hip and back soreness in my SleepNumber bed. I've tried the various numbers changing up the firmness every night but still awake feeling sore.

What have you veterans found helped you when you got to this point?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/2/20 9:08 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I got a 3" memory foam mattress topper on Amazon, it's been a huge help!

I also got a donut cushion to help for my pointy tailbone, it makes office chairs much easier to deal with now.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Dee_Caprini
on 3/2/20 10:33 am

I have started wearing compression garments and I have to say, they help a lot. I work from home so I am sitting a lot and I don't do well on a hard chair and my office is entirely too cold. We got a memory foam-like bed and I now have a lazy boy recliner that helps me elevate and not have so much pressure on my lower body.

Erin T.
on 3/3/20 1:49 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I tried everything for my painful tail bone. The thing that worked the best was a purple cushion. But what worked even better than that was time. The farther out you are the more your fat will redistribute and it just won't be as big of an issue anymore. I'm 3 years out and I no longer have tail bone pain (22-ish BMI currently).

When you lose so fast your body just takes fat from everywhere and then has to rethink all that!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/3/20 1:44 pm

I use butt pillows all the time now. Even in my car. Costco has the special pillows, and I think I bought 4-5 of them. For my car, my office chair on my house, etc.

I also bought a special "purple pillow". That works great on my sofa or recliner.

We have rather firm mattress, and we have a mattress topper, plus I put extra padding on my side of the bed. I have a special pillow for in-between my knees when I sleep on my side. And a king size-or body pillow for me to "hug) when i sleep on my side, to prevent my chest from "folding- collapsing", and support for my arm.

I am looking for a nice 1'- 2" mattress topper, but the one I would like to get is expensive. Our mattress is already thick, so adding more than 2" would prevent our sheets to fold under the it and be secure.

Seep number bed - I had that long time ago and i remember that I had to set it up rather firm, and use an additional 3" dense but softer mattress topper.

Initially, i would get of an alignments and needed to see Chiropractor quite often. It took time for me frame to adjust to my new weight and shape. But eventually my ligaments got tighter. Like with the skin, some slack can be absorbed.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/20 12:18 am
RNY on 01/01/14

What's a " purple" pillow?

Most Active