Stomach pain

MadisonRose
on 4/4/20 8:28 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

Having a burning pain where new stomach is. Feels better when I lie down, but flares up again when I sit or stand up. Don't think it's related to anything I've eaten as the last thing I ate was a light and fit Greek yogurt and that was hours ago.

Anyone ever have this or know what it could be? Felt slightly nauseous as well.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

Partlypollyanna
on 4/5/20 12:05 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I have not had that but if it continues, better to get it checked out (via a tele doc if you can!)

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/6/20 4:15 am

When I was 6 months post op, I started dealing with pain and nausea. Testing showed I had a problem with my Gallbladder...a lot of times within the first or a second year post op, people start having issues with the GB.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

MadisonRose
on 4/6/20 4:26 am
RNY on 01/23/19

Thank you both for the replies! For the past few months I've been having pains on and off. I mentioned it at my follow up appointment with my bariatric team and they told me it was most likely my gallbladder and to just monitor it. That if it gets worse then I may need to get it removed. So we shall see... Luckily the pain I was having the other day is better.

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/6/20 9:44 am

Now it is probably not the best time to take care of that, but once GB gets irritated, inflamed, it often would get better.

Take notes what foods you are eating before you get the pains. Our GB works extra hard when we eat more fat, or fried things, or even raw fruits and veggies. If we have stones, stone may get lodged in a bile canal and cause pancreatitis.Until the crazy pandemic is going on, you may need to limit the foods that can cause pain.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Dee_Caprini
on 4/9/20 10:25 am

I was recently told I have gallstones and have similar issues... So that may be an issue of what you are experiencing too. I can't quite pinpoint what gives me uncomfortable feelings because it doesn't happen all of the time. Hopefully, when all of this craziness has passed, you can get things looked at. I hope it gets better for you soon!

Most Active