How can I prepare myself mentally and emotionally for weight loss surgery?

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/20 1:28 pm

I weigh over 600lbs How can I prepare myself mentally and emotionally for weight loss surgery?

White Dove
on 6/21/20 5:03 pm - Warren, OH

The book Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies gives a good overview and good place to start learning.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Nadiasopocy
on 6/24/20 9:26 pm - Dallas, TX

There are several things I'm trying to prepare myself for this journey, maybe what I'm doing could help you. First I'm really giving myself preemies to to put myself first. Will work with both a therapist who is trained in emotional transformation therapy (ett) that can help me address the traumas that got me here today and why I turn to food for comforter, recognize binge eating disorder is a by product of trauma not some ugly flaw in me as a person. I intend to research which plans are right for me or if they are even right for me. Once I figure that out more counseling with a focus of creating a positive visual story of myself with a body that brings me joy, pleasure and energy to do all that I have been missing out on because of my weight. Meditate on seeing myself there. Building my story of attracting my healthy body and recognizing even now thinking about it brings me relief knowing its mine.

Most Active