I'm new here. anyone have a revision from sleeve to bypass? can you tell me about it?

birdmadgirl
on 9/1/20 2:56 am
VSG on 10/23/13

I have a consultation on friday. any info would be appreciated!

White Dove
on 9/2/20 5:19 am - Warren, OH

There are some people on the board who have done that and they may post here. You should be able to find some information on the revision board and just by doing a Google search. This is a good article to start with ObesityHelp Revision from Sleeve to Bypass

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Dee_Caprini
on 9/3/20 11:24 am

I have several friends who have revised and the main reason they revised was due to severe GERD / Barretts Esophagus and have experienced a great sense of relief. That was the main reason for the revision

LisaKelley
on 9/6/20 2:53 pm

Hi

I am 9 weeks out from a sleeve to RNY conversion.

I am down 25 pounds with 20 more to go. I had the surgery because I had severe GERD from the sleeve.

I hope your appointment went well. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer.

//Lisa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGoSSrA/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wGoSSrA/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/7/20 2:11 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I had my sleeve done in December 2013 and then revised to RNY last summer. The main reason was that I developed very bad GERD three or four years after my VSG; I would wake up every morning with acid burning my throat, and medicine didn't do anything to help. On top of that, we discovered that my sleeve had stretched significantly-- apparently I have some sort of connective tissue disorder that caused it, and that contributed to my regain.

The approval for the revision came very quickly and I think there was only about a month between my first consultation and surgery day. My recovery was pretty rough but luckily the revision took care of the acid problems completely. I lost all my regain, which was a lovely bonus, and life is pretty good.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active