Is there anything that has happened, that you wish you knew/to expect before your surgery?

SuMari
on 9/28/20 11:27 am

Thank you for these! I will write these down.

Dee_Caprini
on 9/28/20 3:38 pm

food will always "be a thing" it's not like alcohol where "you can just do without it". It will always be a mind game, because eating is something we have to do. I think I read that you have small children as well? Life gets difficult when you have little ones too so have them help you along the way!

If you can, continue to see your mental therapist even after your "mental preparedness" exam. You will be going through a lot of things and having an outlet is key to finding healthier ways to cope. It was hard early on for me and I thought I could do it on my own and realized hard and fast that I couldn't. It's not a bad thing and you'll find that it takes a lot of the tension off trying to figure things out alone.

Lucile777
on 11/1/20 8:22 am

Yeah. How much I hate RNY and wish I had my stomach. Wish I had made better choices in my life and taken care of my mental health so that being so fat wasn't a thing in my life. Yes. I regret surgery. Wish I never had it. But I guess you can't cry over spilled guts.

RNY Oct. 27/17. HW 289; SW 285; GW 144; LW: 161 CW: 196 FML: Fighting regain :(

Lucile777
on 11/1/20 8:26 am
Most Active