Off Topic: The dreaded flu shot!

TJFox
on 10/22/20 6:05 am

I finally got the flu shot and am feeling ok so far.

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/20 2:20 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

I too have gotten the flu shot every year, ( and the pneumonia shot every three years and even the hugely painful two part shingles vaccine )

Before the shot I would get deathly sick every year with a flu ... be out of commission for a week and hate every second of it. Now I never get sick, not even with colds.

TJFox
on 10/22/20 6:08 am

I think I am due for the pneumonia shot too. That's great that you don't get sick anymore. I still get a fall/winter cold and another in the spring.

TheWombat
on 10/22/20 4:55 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

That's interesting... I had shingles once, fortunately an extremely mild case. I decided to get the shingles vaccine shortly before WLS because I knew that surgery or body stress of any kind can trigger another bout of shingles. But the shot didn't hurt at all. I don't remember for sure if it was one part or two. Perhaps a different formulation than they gave you.

I'll ask my doctor if I should get a pneumonia shot. I am 60, so perhaps it would be a good idea.

Lina_Ando
on 10/19/20 3:18 pm

I got mine this year and it barely hurt at all. Maybe a little sore arm kind of like a bruise? But, in prior years, There have been instances where I couldn't even move my arm.

I felt that if I did get sick on a year that I got the flu/sick, it was mildly vs more severe. I too, took care of an elderly relative but she passed away earlier this year and with COVID, I have yet to be around anyone elderly. I would feel horrid if someone got sick because of me so I chose to get it (COVID or not). There was one, maybe 2 years I didn't get the flu shot because I simply put it off.

TJFox
on 10/21/20 11:36 am

I am so very sorry to hear about your loved one passing away from Covid. I went and got my flu shot yesterday and my arm is sore and slightly bruised but so far so good on other symptoms. It is the right decision to have the shot as a caretaker.

Partlypollyanna
on 10/21/20 3:03 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Good job!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

TJFox
on 10/22/20 6:10 am

Thank you! I actually had some trouble finding a pharmacy that had them in stock. I was surprised how many places didn't have them.

Partlypollyanna
on 10/22/20 11:29 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I have heard that they are going fast! My doc said that they don't expect there to be a supply issue overall but that people are just trying to get them as soon as they can for the most protection.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active