Skin pain - either burning or numb.

Steven W.
on 12/31/20 6:09 pm

It has been a long time since my WLS (2009) and I'm still considered very successful. I'm finally at the point where I am super active and I am running into random pain when doing quick movements like jumping jacks or running. This is debilitating pain where I almost have to stop for 2-3 minutes and it shifts around. I do have loose skin but not a crazy amount but the pain seems to target those areas. The worst is from my chest to armpit on both sides, belly button to love handle, and the back of my thighs. I'm seeing a neurologist tomorrow and my own research has this as some sort of neuropathy cause by lack of vitamins. Has anyone else gone through this? I see posts from 2008 with no responses but I thought I would give it another shot with so many more folks with WLS by 2020.

thank you so much and happy new year!

hollykim
on 1/2/21 12:08 pm, edited 1/2/21 4:09 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 1, 2021 at 2:09 AM Pacific Time, Steven W. wrote:

It has been a long time since my WLS (2009) and I?m still considered very successful. I?m finally at the point where I am super active and I am running into random pain when doing quick movements like jumping jacks or running. This is debilitating pain where I almost have to stop for 2-3 minutes and it shifts around. I do have loose skin but not a crazy amount but the pain seems to target those areas. The worst is from my chest to armpit on both sides, belly button to love handle, and the back of my thighs. I?m seeing a neurologist tomorrow and my own research has this as some sort of neuropathy cause by lack of vitamins. Has anyone else gone through this? I see posts from 2008 with no responses but I thought I would give it another shot with so many more folks with WLS by 2020.

thank you so much and happy new year!

do you take your vits/supplements regularly? Do you have labs drawn regularly?

Steven W.
on 1/2/21 8:02 pm

Thank you for responding and happy new year! I haven't been the best over the last year, especially with Covid but I just had a blood panel this week. B12 was low and I give myself injections. Usually low B12 causes different issues for me like tingly fingers and lips.

This seems to be my most promising lead right now and discussing it with a Neurologist on Monday: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3237207/

Most Active