Weight regain

dmfoley.85
on 5/5/21 2:51 am
VSG on 07/05/18

Hello everyone. Thanks for having me and glad to be. I had a VSG in August of 2018. I was extremely successful with it. I went from 450lbs on surgery day to at my lightest, 175lbs. By spring of 2020. I was really happy with weight even though according to the numbers I could have stood to lose a little more. Then 2020 hit. Pandemic. Stress. Political anxiety. Sedentary lifestyle. You guys know. We've all lived it. I sort of fell of the wagon. I started eating things I shouldn't be. I started drinking again. Stress eating. Eating multiple times a day. No desire to do anything active. I'm in afraid to step in the scale but I'd guess I've gained back 50lbs or more. I started seeing a therapist a few months ago to help with all the anxiety and stress but we haven't addressed my weight issues yet. I'm going to get some support and motivation to hopefully get back to where I was. I know what I need to do (I think) just finding the motivation to do it is the hard part. Thanks

mangoo
on 5/5/21 10:10 am, edited 5/5/21 3:13 am - NY

Don't judge yourself for your actions in the past. Sure, pandemi****urred unexpectedly for every one of us. We all ate & had a lot of stress and still, it's far from the end. But, we should try our best to live with it, yes, it's hard, but it's our life & there won't be another one... Just remember it, set goals & achieve them. Everything depends on you & your bright future, as well. We are all here to support each other. So, you could always rely on us in this field. Please, share with us your first minor steps in this direction.

We trust in YOU!!!

Tidgel
on 5/6/21 6:33 pm
RNY on 04/15/19

Please know that you are not alone. I understand in so many ways. Many of us do. It is very hard to find the motivation at times (believe me I know) but you can get back on track just like so many others here have!

Most Active