frustrated

dreamer1234
on 3/10/22 2:20 pm

i am 3 1/2 yrs post RNY started at 402 & am now 157 & have kept the wt off but ever since i had the RNY i have had GI issues, it started w/the IBS getting worse, now for about the past 6 wks i have had issues w/burping, belching, some food getting stuck even though i eat small meals and chew chew. i feel like i have a clogged drain in there. tried reaching out to wt loss surgeon & they want nothing to do w/me, they tell me go to a gi doctor which i am now and finally getting help but i feel like weight loss clinic did the surgery and then there was no follow up at all. sorry if i sound frustrated.

Melody P.
on 3/11/22 4:55 am - Amarillo, TX

You have every right to feel frustrated! I hope the GI doctor helps you out!

White Dove
on 3/11/22 5:20 pm - Warren, OH

Most people with weight loss surgery have some problems afterward. Constipation, flatulence, diarrhea, bowel obstruction, dumping, vomiting, and other issues can and do happen. The surgeon does not deal with this and gave you the right direction to talk to a GI.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Summerjoe
on 3/14/22 7:40 am

I would be frustrated too!

Member Services
on 3/14/22 8:45 am - Irvine, CA

I completely understand why you are so frustrated, but at least your GI doctor can possibly help. You may want to get your operative report from the hospital you had surgery at so that the GI doc is aware of what was done during that time and what possible issues you could be experiencing.

I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia after having food get stuck and belching. The pressure of the hernia pushing up was causing both. I have not had surgery for it as of yet, but will need to at some point.

Keep us updated on how things progress with you. I hope you do get some answers and relief.

TierraMoone
on 3/15/22 8:37 am

Congratulations on your weight loss success! It might be the case that your WLS doctor does not have the equipment to follow up with you? Did they tell you why they won't work with you? I understand your frustration.

Most Active