Hi I'm new on Obesity Help and look for some support and help

RoxanneGetsHealth
on 12/28/22 7:57 pm

Hi I'm Roxanne Gomez from South Beach, and ever since I can remember my weight has always been problem. I was always the big girl in And always felt different from all kids in school. When I was in high school I was almost 300 lbs In life was miserable Because I can't do what my friends are doing like going to prom and were cute clothes. After a graduate high school I got cosmetology license and became hairdresser and makeup artist. At that time I weigh 328 lbs life was so miserable I had hard time walking and Do a job Plus I was so lonely Until I met my partner Ashley and she save and never judge me or my weight.2 years later we got married on Halloween and I got pregnant which gave me free pass To eat anything I wanted Because I was eating too. After Rose was born I weigh 429lbs and over the years I keep gaining weight, and now I hit My heaviest weight ever 580 lbs. Some I'm here to get some information and support so I can my health back.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/29/22 10:43 am

This forums- Obesity Help - is practically for people who had Weight Loss Surgery or planning to have WLS.

Are you hoping - planning to have WLS or you need support in individual weight loss?

If you need support in individual weight loss, without surgery, this place- OH, may not be right for you.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

RoxanneGetsHealth
on 12/29/22 9:21 pm

Yes I'm planning to have Weight Loss Surgery

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/4/23 10:32 am

The main forum is not very busy - active.

Another forum - for RNY people(gastric bypass) is the most active, with daily menu posts, lots of support. Regardless of type of surgery you are think of having, you may try to see the post there.

https://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

DancingGirl
on 3/27/23 1:29 pm
RNY on 06/01/16

Hi Roxanne

Just wondering how you made out with your surgery? Hope all is well.

Louise

Kathleen W.
on 1/2/23 2:38 pm - Lancaster, PA

My I make a suggestion? There's a book called Weight Loss Surgery (WLS) for Dummies by Marina Kurian, MD. She's the surgeon for Al Rocker surgery. It goes into the different kinds of WLS surgery(with the pros and cons of each), what to look for in a surgeon, diets for each type, insurance, etc. It's told in common sense language.

Also, start working on a lifestyle change regarding eating. There are different eating style. Some people do WW, others do NOOM, etc, It would help once you get your surgery. It would be learning to deal with proper nutrition, head hunger(I'm 13 years out and still dealing with that.), hydration, etc

Good Luck in your journey. It's so worth it.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

TuckH
on 3/20/23 9:07 am

The book is really good, after reading it I understand what kind of professional I need for consultation. But not all operations bring the desired result in a long period of time.

LeoTR
on 3/20/23 4:54 pm, edited 3/20/23 9:58 am

By the way, in our college, one professor took part of the material for lectures from this book. As for the book itself, I think it's important to read for people who are thinking about surgery. Studying the argumentative essay on mental health visit the site I understand that the morale of patients after surgery is not always good, not everyone is satisfied with the result after a while. This must be taken into account.

JerseyGirl94
on 4/2/23 11:55 am

Hi Roxanne, it takes a lot of courage to share your story and I want to commend you for taking the first step in seeking support. It sounds like you have faced many challenges in your life so far, but also have found love and support in your partner.Remember that making changes to your lifestyle takes time and effort, but it's worth it in the long run. Every small step counts, and with patience and perseverance, you can improve your health and achieve your dreams.

JerseyGirl94
on 4/3/23 2:31 pm

Thank you for sharing your story, Roxanne. It sounds like you've been through a lot, and I'm glad to hear that you have found support in your partner. It's great that you're seeking information and support to improve your health. Remember, making small, sustainable changes can make a big difference. You can do this! Best of luck on your journey.

Most Active