Lisa Presley's Death Determined to be Due to Delayed Obstruction from W.L.S.

Batwingsman
on 7/15/23 11:45 pm, edited 7/16/23 4:18 am - Garland, TX

GEEZ .. and I hate to admit it, but, like many of us on here, she had the D.S. procedure. Anyone know how long ago her WLS took place? Looking back at past news articles, she did seem to be beaming to the media about her weight loss approximately 10 years ago. She attributed same to them as supposedly being due to changes in her diet and exercise. However, we all know the stigma to many of putting it out there that they have had WLS, for various personal reasons.

https://www.aol.com/news/lisa-marie-presley-death-brings-230 948759.html

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Batwingsman
on 7/16/23 4:14 am, edited 7/15/23 9:15 pm - Garland, TX

Here's more info on small bowel obstruction, so that post-ops may know what to be on the watch for. Strangely enough, the article says that Presley had been complaining of the painful and distressing symptoms of the obstruction for months before she passed. No idea why she didn't contact her bariatric surgeon in regard to the matter all that time. By the time of her death, she had about 30 feet of blood-starved bowel as a result of the obstruction, the autopsy reports.

https://www.today.com/health/news/lisa-marie-presley-death-bariatric-surgery-rcna94299

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

White Dove
on 7/19/23 7:48 pm, edited 7/19/23 12:49 pm - Warren, OH

We will never know but I am guessing she was on a lot of drugs and that is why did not seek medical attention for the pain. Opioids cause constipation anyway so drug users may ignore pain that others would get treatment for.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active