WLS and Cancer Risk - New Study

Batwingsman
on 8/28/23 2:01 am, edited 8/28/23 2:07 am - Garland, TX

Interesting article on our local T.V. news the other night .. WLS makes a BIG difference in not only lowering the risk of cancer but even more so as to increasing the survival rate if you do get it .. btw, that factoid about 42% of Americans now being obese is SCARY ..

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/researchers-say-bariatric -surgery-lowers-the-risk-of-obesity-related-cancers/3324279/

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Jmm4321
on 9/3/23 10:16 pm

I'm certain the numerous benefits of wls, including lowering many risks of diseases caused by obesity, are well worth having the surgery. I'm also convinced we are all at greater risk of various diseases and complications that arise from the imbalance wls creates in all of our bodies. It's still well worth it in my opinion but physical imbalances come with a price, and that may include higher incidents of certain types of cancer and medical issues. I asked my surgeon about this a few years ago and he agreed it's a possibility although there has never been a study on the exact topic.

mike_ms
on 11/13/23 10:53 pm

It's crazy how much of an impact weight loss surgery can have on reducing the risk of obesity-related cancers. And yeah, that obesity statistic is definitely alarming.

read this FREE EBOOK about carb cycling and it helped me lose weight.

Most Active