1texasmom’s Posts

1texasmom
on 1/3/20 4:56 am
Topic: RE: How do y?all add data to your signature box?

I'm back in the forums after a long break. I'm trying to catch up and remember.

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

1texasmom
on 7/27/10 1:07 am
Topic: RE: Members Speak - What's in your fridge?
I have flax oil, berries, Fage yogurt and protein powder for my shakes.  There are 3 bags of greens, lots of onions and garlic, squash, zuccini, eggplant, fresh tomatoes and peppers from my garden, assorted cheeses, asparagus, beets, and balsamic vinegar for salads and grilling veggies. (LOVE grilled veggies!!) There are also 8 cans of tuna in the pantry and chicken breasts, sirloin steaks, scallops, whiting, salmon, a pork loin and ground turkey in the freezer. 

Since I don't live alone and the hubby and kids enjoy an occasional treat, there are ingredients in the pantry to make cookies, brownies, and a pie.  We don't typically keep packages of ready made items around. They are full of preservatives and other crap with no nutritional value and by only making fresh baked goods when their cravings arise I can better control what and how much they eat...and it makes it a true treat since it is only occasionally.  Besides, mine taste much better that that store bought stuff.

On the counter is a bowl of fresh fruits...bananas, plums, apples, pears, lemons, limes, oranges and nectarines. There are also about a dozen flavors of crystal light, a gallon of skim milk, a V8 fusion light and a carton of OJ.  No sodas.  If they want a soda, they have to leave the house to go get it. 

1texasmom
on 7/1/10 12:16 pm
Topic: RE: "Fat Cow" in the pool (help!)
Sorry, don't do pools.  We go to the lake.  Good luck to you in your search.

1texasmom
on 7/1/10 12:01 pm
Topic: RE: Are you a food addict? How can you tell?
I finally accepted (could tell) that I was a food addict when......or am I?  "Food addict" is too general of a term for me.  Breaking it down...I am obsessive about meal planning.  Always have been, but since RNY even more so.  Every morsel, calorie, bite, lick must be accounted for calorie wise, nutritionally and for taste.  This is a full time job - easily. 

I love to cook and bake, read recipes, surf the net for new recipes to try, and watching food network.  It doesn't make me hungry watching and reading, but it keeps me thinking about it. 

Eating...again, obsessive.  I eat 6 times per day.  I eat by the clock, not my tummy.  My tummy switch has never worked and RNY was no magin cure.  In fact if anything it's worse.  At least in the past if I needed to stop and eat I had other signals like dizzy or naseaus.  Not now.  Now I pass out if I don't remember to eat.  So there is another reason I'm always thinking about food.

If I'm going to leave the house for any amount if time I have to know how many times I need to eat while I'm away.  I must pack the apropriate snacks, meals, shakes and drinks.  I never - ever leave the house without a drink and something to eat. 

OCD or addict?  I don't know.

1texasmom
on 1/23/10 9:50 pm
Topic: RE: Updated: Share button addition
Your info about FB is either blatently wrong or at least misleading.  It does NOT post a summary of a thread, but instead postes the entire thread...the original post and ll replies made up to the time it is shared.  This is not a "possibility" but a reality.  If it wasn't meant to share in that way, then programming needs to be tweaked.  If it was intended to share in this way, please update/edit your explanation..there is no summary as your text bubble on top left indicated.

Most Active