Recent Posts

catwoman7
on 3/31/20 7:51 am
RNY on 06/03/15
Topic: RE: Pre vs Post Surgery food preferences

my sense of taste became more intense after surgery (sweet things tasted sweeter; spicy things tasted spicier), but I don't like things now that I didn't before or vice versa. I'm not noticing the intensity of taste anymore, either, now that I'm a ways out. Not sure if it went away, or if I just got used to it.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

Plastic Surgery 08/10/18 and 03/29/19 by Lawrence Zachary (Chicago, IL)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 145 LW: 138 CW: 150

Cathy H.
on 3/31/20 7:35 am, edited 3/31/20 12:35 am
VSG on 10/31/16
Gina 17 Yrs and Still
Here

on 3/31/20 6:45 am - Burleson , TX

For ME, it is TRUE intolerance...like at nearly 18 years out, I just CANNOT pork, as in pork chop, pork chop, pork loin, things like that....I will choke/carry on/get foamies/etc/real attractive/have done it, when didn't even realize there where was some "hidden pork", like mixed in with chicken/beef, so I have to figure it's REAL...BUT I can eat small portions of bacon/ham..

Now, there are things I don't particularly LIKE -like clear protein drinks- it's at the consistence of phlegm, to me. But, some people LOVE them. I also distaste bread pudding/flan/Saki, but it would TOLERATE it, and if that was the LAST thing AVAILABLE, I guess I would eat them...

We might find out...Give me the Saki first

RNY 4-22-02... HAG=Honest And Genuine

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:160

I learn something new, EVERY day, from SOME body

Gina 17 Yrs and Still
Here

on 3/31/20 6:15 am - Burleson , TX
Topic: RE: How was everyone's weekend?

There was a WEEKEND ??????

Dee_Caprini
on 3/30/20 3:31 pm
Topic: How was everyone's weekend?

Hi all,

How was everyone's weekend? Practicing social distancing has been difficult because we see the rest of my family on a pretty constant basis and not being able to see my nephews is so heart-wrenching!

My 4-year & 3-year-olds have been asking to Facetime or video chat EVERYONE because we are staying indoors and can't physically be with our family in person. I am trying to help them understand but it's hard!

How have you coped with not being able to really be around anyone other than your immediate family?

What games have you done with your little ones to make the time go by?

Gina 17 Yrs and Still
Here

on 3/30/20 3:08 pm - Burleson , TX

I think one of my most "success tools", for lack of a better thing to call it, right this minute:

I don't DEPRIVE myself of qualify, satisfying food. I don't use any FAT/LOW fat ANYTHING. I am very stingy, about what real estate goes into my body. I get to have what I WANT, so I don't have a need to BINGE...

Boy, have I come a long way !!!

TheWombat
on 3/30/20 10:35 am
VSG on 06/11/18
Topic: RE: I think I might have it...

No symptoms at all for the past two days, so touch wood, I've beaten it. Thank you for asking!

Dee_Caprini
on 3/30/20 10:29 am
Topic: RE: Four Year Surgiversary

I love all of these notes! Always best to remind ourselves of things that are so easy to forget since old habits try to creep in ALL THE TIME!!!

Congratulations on your success! Very inspiring!

Dee_Caprini
on 3/30/20 10:26 am
Dee_Caprini
on 3/30/20 10:20 am, edited 3/30/20 3:21 am

Mine changed drastically after I had my bypass. I had protein powders that I loved and had to donate them to other members because I couldn't stand them after surgery.

Mine is Canned Tuna, I wouldn't touch it prior to surgery (Still won't touch other seafood) but on the go, the Tuna packets are good in a pinch, the flavored ones, at least.

Most Active
Recent Topics