Recent Posts

Imgonnalosesoon
on 7/18/19 7:40 pm
VSG on 03/21/19
Topic: RE: Optifast With Metformin

My surgery centre switched from Optifast to SlimTime which is what I was prescribed. I took metformin daily with it with no problems.

HW:212 CW:161 GW:125

Surgeon: Dr. Penner @ TWH

shellyleth
on 7/18/19 2:43 pm
Topic: Optifast With Metformin

I was reading your forum and was curious about something. Is it ok to Have Optifast shakes daily whilst taking metformin daily?

White Dove
on 7/18/19 1:47 pm
Topic: RE: Gaining weight!!

The commercial programs stay in business because they know how to help you lose the weight.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SkinnyScientist
on 7/18/19 11:54 am
Topic: RE: Watching My 600 pound life- lymphedema

Reminds me of the line "Doctors bury their mistakes"...

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

SkinnyScientist
on 7/18/19 11:53 am

I was not diagnosed with lymphedema, but when I was almost 300 lbs my legs, feet and ankles were so swollen. I used to lay on my back, feet going but the wall and read a book before bed. Within 20-30 minutes I would have to urinate. I would sleep with my feet on risers throughout the night. No kidding, I would "lose" about 5-8 lbs throughout the night. That is how much fluid I was retaining in my legs and rest of the body.

This repeated daily!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

White Dove
on 7/18/19 10:08 am
Topic: RE: What labs does/did your doctor order?

With VSG there will probably not be much change in six months. Even with DS or RNY, the body normally has enough reserves for the first year. As long as you are taking your supplements, you will probably not become deficient for a very long time, if ever.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 7/18/19 4:58 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Congratulations on your progress. It gets better.

Sharon

btm61
on 7/17/19 9:07 pm

There are no "tricks" it takes diligence and awareness and will for the rest of your life. I have used myfitnesspal.com to track my intake because it tracks more than just caloric intake, it also tracks other "nutrients" like sodium, fiber and the like. You should also be measuring and weighing your portions, thinking you can eyeball the portions got you to where you were before the WLS and will get you there again, despite the WLS, if not careful. I thought I could eyeball them until I actually measured out 3/4 cup of Raisin Bran and 1 cup of milk. It was then I realized that up until that time I was probably eating double portions of both. One more thing I would suggest, allow yourself the occasional junk food. If limited to once per week and controlled intake, a serving or two of ice cream per week won't kill your other plans.

btm61
on 7/17/19 8:54 pm

Stay away from the for-profit diet plans, they are designed with your failure, and their profits, in mind.

btm61
on 7/17/19 8:51 pm

Your feelings of guilt over penalizing the entire family are natural, and I felt exactly the same way until my support team helped me understand one thing; my healthy eating isn't just healthy for me, it is also healthy for them. Guilt gone.

Most Active
Gaining weight!!
Mgb1976rw · 11 replies · 606 views
9 years today!!!
AnneGG · 2 replies · 390 views
Optifast With Metformin
shellyleth · 1 replies · 61 views
Recent Topics
Optifast With Metformin
shellyleth · 1 replies · 61 views
Gaining weight!!
Mgb1976rw · 11 replies · 606 views