MIght have found a solution

AsuraDunnigan
on 9/6/11 8:19 am - Detroit, MI
Well, I always seem to be Gung Ho with losing weight, but when I am offered a baked good or I have an opportunity to eat something fried I take it.  I have been pretty down on myself.  I have tried every diet known to man and had weight loss surgery still to end up still obese.  Well, a couple months ago I decided to see a therapist and although she is great I still was not improving or making changes.  Actually, I was getting worse.  My weight went up to 255 lbs.  A lot of my clothes became tight and I would pretty much avoid them.  I then decided to see a psychiatrist to address my ADHD.  I had been previously diagnosed, but discontinued taking medication when pregnant with my middle child (now 6 years old).  So, I started taking Adderall extended about a week ago and I am down to 245 lbs.  I only feel mildly focused, but focused enough to make better food choices.  I am no longer constantly obsessing about food.  I think I may be ok.  I am very hopeful.

Ticker represents first goal.          
InkdSpEdTchr
on 9/7/11 1:38 am
Love to see people being proactive, seeking therapy and getting the help they need! Too many people, slip, feel like failures and give up. But here you are proof that you can find solutions with help. Way to GO!

Hope the losing trend keeps up!

Bonne Chance

:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Ms Shell
on 9/7/11 1:52 am - Hawthorne, CA
Sounds like you are on the right track.  Much success to you!!

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Doris Cervenka
on 9/7/11 2:33 pm, edited 9/7/11 2:34 pm - Ganado, TX
  We are very much alike.  Sometimes,  We eat just because , It is there and offered.  There does not have to be a reason for me to eat. We just like to eat.     
  But, I am glad your getting the help you need from a professional Psychiatrist..
If you need to be taking Meds take them.

Dr. Phill Mc Graw gave some of the best advice in the world about losing weight in his book.   The Ultimate Weight Solution.  The Seven Keys to Weight Loss.   It a great book that really changes the way you think about your Weight.    His book is more about life in general. Not just about weight lose.  We don,t always need to know.   The reason why we eat. Or do what we do. 
     Sometimes,  We can find out and Sometimes we can,t.  Sometimes it is just because, That the way we always did it.  Sometimes It,s because, We are being lazy or It is the easy way out.  
      The reason is not the important thing.  If  should not stop you from being Honest with Yourself and Changing your way of thinking and your actions.   It changes the way you look at your life and your problems. 
    The best diet book in the world and  doctors will not help unless you want to do the work.  Even have stomach Surgery. can,t change you unless you want to be changed. 
 Get rid of self defeating habits and thought patterns. Found out what your want in life and Believe that that you will succeed.

Be honest with your self.  Find your own personal truth in yourself.  You are the only person who can change your life. If you want to change it.

You made a choice to start taking your Medication again after six years.  That,s a good choice and your feeling better all ready.  Keep it up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AsuraDunnigan
on 9/8/11 5:42 am - Detroit, MI
Thanks for the support
Ticker represents first goal.          
Most Active