One year out 36 BMI Yeah!

chrispy_man
on 9/21/11 12:31 pm - Mystic, CT
RNY on 09/21/10 with
Hey guys,

Though I'd post up. Today is my one year surgery anniversary. What a wild ride. This week I dropped below 260, passing the 180 lb loss mark. Hard to believe last year I was hauling around 440 lbs. I have had my one year surgeon, nutritionist and primary followups this week.

So far all is pretty good. For a while. Thought my iron mint be too high, but determined the test was false positive. Been hard to stay on all the supplements but still doing ok.

From the beginning I have had little trouble eating whatever I want and rarely had food issues. In fact I was pretty freaked out over that, but it just meant I had to start dealing with creating good habits earlier. I tend to eat too much protein and not enough veggies.

I continue to do support group meetings 2-3 times per month. I find it's a big help to me. I'm actually doing the five day pouch test today with a few others to show solidarity. Then I'm back on the maintenance diet Monday.you know we go through all this and then it's simply amazing how we can block out the rules. Even convincing ourselves we know better.

I still want to lose about 40 lbs. Though I'm not too worried about it, instead trying to be healthy. My weight loss has dropped off to 3-4 lbs per month.

Over the last few months I have done things I didn't believe I could again. Lots of firsts too. Mountain biking, mountain climbing, kayaking and even played golf.

Thank you to everyone here for their support and encouragement. Good luck on your continued journeys!

Chrispy

HW 440, SW 386, CW 229.8

LaToya S.
on 9/21/11 2:32 pm - Edwardsville, IL
What an inspiration for the rest of us! Keep us posted!

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

InkdSpEdTchr
on 9/22/11 1:25 am
Congrats! Isn't it wonderful to have your life back?!?  Every time I do one of those outdoor activities, my face starts to hurt...cuz I can't stop smiling!

Keep it up Chrispy!

:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

WoolyBully
on 9/22/11 8:12 am - MI
Hi Chrispy,

Congratulations, that is great.

I am a little over six month out , and even though I passed the half way mark,  I was starting to wonder if I will ever get to goal. 

Your post is just what I needed to tell me "yes, I will get there"

Thanks
Brenda C.
on 9/22/11 9:44 am
HOLY SMOKES CHRISPY!!!!!!!

Okay, now I am really irked about the men losing faster than women -- but PROUD of you!!!  I know, it isn't as easy as what sex you are, you did some FABULOUS work!!!  Congrats!!!  Thanks for reminding me I still have 3 months to kick it into HIGH GEAR!

Woot! Woot!
Brenda : )~
Andrea F.
on 9/23/11 1:03 am - Killingworth, CT
RNY on 08/03/10 with
Happy surgiversary!!!! You are awesome! We are all so proud of you and you should be so proud of yourself!! As we say all the time in support group, unlike popular perception, the surgery is not the "easy way out", but rather just the first step. Using this tool properly is not always easy, but always worth it!

chrispy_man
on 9/23/11 10:25 am - Mystic, CT
RNY on 09/21/10 with
Thanks guys! Especially you Andrea like I've said in group you are an inspiration too!

HW 440, SW 386, CW 229.8

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/11 10:55 pm - Boston, MA
 Congratulations!! What an accomplishment! 
hmahler
on 10/3/11 2:29 am - Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Congratulations!  Sounds like you are doing great.

Isn't it frustrating to be losing so slowly (comparitively) now?  I am losing about 5 lbs a month now and I'm having trouble adjusting to that new normal.

Good luck.

Hally

Check out my blog at
www.mahlersonsafari.blogspot.com   

abrown8434
on 10/30/11 7:19 am - VA
AWESOME! Thanks for letting me know exactly what is possible! I'm trying to hang in there and not get discouraged by stalls.

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV

Most Active