pita chips

CatahoulaLover
on 3/9/13 4:40 am - Kent, WA
VSG on 07/20/12
I'm posting this because I think if I verbalize it then it will stick with me to not do it again. Last week after I got back from visiting my sister I was recovering from carb overdose. My mom is a food pusher and eater and of course she had all the things I don't usually eat in the house. Plus cakes from my brother in law's birthday and my sister's shower. I ate the cake, icecream, candy, bagels, tortilla chips, and god knows whatever else was there. But to be honest it all made me feel sick and crappy for days. However one day last week I stopped to get a banana from the store and without really thinking I bought a bag of New York sea salt pita chips. I went to work and ended up eating the entire bag of chips that day. Not because I wanted them or because I was hungry. I ate them without even realizing I was eating simply because the bag was open on my desk. I consumed 1500 calories in nothing but pita chips. It kind of startled me because then I got to thinking about how many times I had eaten food just because it wss there. I don't want to be a food nazi to myself and say "No! You can never eat that!". But I also don't want to get back in the habit of mindless eating. And if I was going to eat that many calories I would have prefered it to be something better than pita chips! Like steak and crab legs!

08/20/12: -40  09/20/12: -21 10/20/12: -13 11/20/12: -5  12/20/12: -13 01/20/13: -10  02/20/13:-8 03/20/13: ?

KendraB1
on 3/9/13 4:46 am - DE
RNY on 11/05/12
It is hard to be mindful of what you're eating sometimes. I know I struggle with eating slow enough if I'm with other people.
Laura in Texas
on 3/9/13 10:46 pm

Good for you for realizing this. For the most part, I can eat things in moderation, but I have also learned there are some things I need to avoid. Pita chips would do me in, too, so I can't keep them in the house.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

mickeymantle
on 3/10/13 1:47 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

your very bad and need a good spanking lol 

just get back on your plan and start losing again and next time don't eat all that crap, and shame on your mother for giving you all that crap

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

acbbrown
on 3/10/13 3:00 am - Granada Hills, CA

If you stop and really think, do you think there was an underlying reason for the pita chips?  Even if its just the carb monster digging his claws - there's usually a reason. 

You are human. Dont get wrapped up in the shame/guilt cycle - and move on. 

Its sad but Ive stopped visiting my family because I can't deal with their food issues and mine, so I totally get it. Whenever I do go, I always end up eating tons of stuff that I just dont have around me and it sucks. I don't know if there's any solution but I hope one day i'll figure it out!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

CatahoulaLover
on 3/10/13 3:53 am - Kent, WA
VSG on 07/20/12
I don't think there was a reason for buying the pita chips. I just saw them, thought salty crunchy and bought them. And really it would have been ok if I hadn't left the open bag on my desk. I wasn't craving them or even hungry I just ate them because they were there. And I don't really have guilt over it but I don't want to repeat it because it's a set back I don't need. And like I said if I'm going to consume that many calories it needs to be worth it and not stupid pitachips.lol

08/20/12: -40  09/20/12: -21 10/20/12: -13 11/20/12: -5  12/20/12: -13 01/20/13: -10  02/20/13:-8 03/20/13: ?

sleevegirl
on 3/10/13 6:29 am - Austin, TX

*laughing* I totally read this as "Pain In the Ass Chips".

Hang in there... we all have those moments... what you do next is what matters the most.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

KittyKarin
on 3/10/13 11:49 pm - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Love the post.  I'm sure all of us have been there (and probably will be there again).  Pita chips are one of my favorite things! I love pita chips with hummus and could eat an entire bag and tub of hummus.  They are supposedly "healthy" but any kind of salty, crunchy chip is just bad for me.  I am also not a food nazi and don't want to tell myself that anything is off limits but when it comes to chips or crackers of any kind, I cannot even tempt myself right now.  Eventually, maybe I can do a single serving bag or something like that but I know it's just way too easy for me to eat those with wild abandon. 

Good for you for recognizing the mistake and now you'll know to avoid those pita chips and get some deli meat or almonds instead to go with your banana.

Have a great day!

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/11/13 2:59 am

I can relate. I don't do well with chips of any kind, or crackers either. I love them, they go down nice and easy, and then I want to eat more of them. So I have to avoid them and not keep them in the house.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active