Devestated

1crazy_cat_lady
on 8/28/13 5:20 am - Winnipeg, Canada

I received a letter in the mail today say that I am discharged from the Bariatric program I have been attending for a year due to lack of communication.  I had flown out of province 3 times in the last year to meet with the program at great expense and actually have appointments scheduled for the end of September but apparently it was not enough.  Of course I pick up my mail on the way to work and think this letter is about my next appointments.  Wrong.  Now I'm sitting in my office at Mental Health part numb and part trying to keep from crying.  I sent out a mass text (5 people) who are my support team requesting prayer support.

There are a number of you here that have always reached out to me when I'm down and I appreciate you SO MUCH.  The criteria for the baratic program in my province has expended and I should be able to get into this program now and maybe that is God's plan, I don't know.

So I just ask for prayers or chicken swinging if you're not the praying type.  Thank you.

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

Lisa1023
on 8/28/13 5:57 am
VSG on 03/05/13

why cant you call the people who mailed you the letter and tell them precisely what dates you spent money and time flying to the bariatric center this year and when your next appointment is and when you scheduled it, and then ask them how the flying-chicken do you call that "lack of communication?"

HW  383     SW  371    CW   234     

great.lakes.girl.
on 8/28/13 6:42 am
Sending you prayers and positive thoughts hang in there.
mickeymantle
on 8/28/13 3:47 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

im shore it will all work out everything happens for a reason

a few days before my surgery I got a small skin infection and my surgery was put off a month , right after my surgery I spoke to the guy that was rescheduled into my time at 7:30 am and he told me his surgery was delayed till almost 1pm because they where missing a tool and needed to have it shipped to the hospital , I would have went crazy waiting all day prepped for surgery and not knowing why it was delayed , so it was better for me to wait the extra month

maybe now you will be able to get your surgery closer to home

maybe you will have a better surgeon

it is a long journey a few more weeks or months will not matter in  the long run    

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Lisa1023
on 8/29/13 12:17 am
VSG on 03/05/13

the day I had surgery, I was scheduled for 10:45 a.m. and didnt end up in surgery until about 5:30 pm.  i was so hungry... and dry

HW  383     SW  371    CW   234     

Nikke2003
on 8/29/13 2:14 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I definitely don't think you should roll over on this one. Unless there is more information that you provided in your post (which is understandable), it doesn't sound like they provided any detail about the "lack of communication." I would definitely recommend that you follow up on that.... ask for specifics... ask them if it was a mistake. Maybe it was? If you've attended all appointments that you've been scheduled for, haven't canceled, and even have a future appointment scheduled... how could they claim "lack of communication?"

I'm praying for you! Hang in there!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Nikkal
on 8/29/13 3:46 am
VSG on 07/18/13
I agree with Nikke - don't roll over on this. Find out what they mean by 'lack of communication' - when were you supposed to communicate with them and haven't? When did they inform you of requirements you allegedly have not met?

Great if you can get into a closer program, but still - you've put in time, money & effort, you deserve a better explanation. Obviously they know how to get in touch with you...
acbbrown
on 8/29/13 7:56 am - Granada Hills, CA

You know i am going to agree with the others. You have made so much progress and you are still fighting for your health and your life - dont give up and let these people have the last word. I would definitely call, and politely ask for an explanation. Not sure about how the systenm works there, but if there are any appeal process or anything you can do, please do it! Even if ultimately you end up in the program in your area, you will feel better if you you dont just roll over on this,. I know you are devestated.

I think you are awesome. Remember that ultimately the goal here is to lose weight and get healthy and that WLS isnt the end all/be all of that goal. I had some bumbs along the way and after going through pre-op testing and finding out i had a relatively serious heart condition and had my medical clearance delayed, I pretty much figured WLS wasnt going to happen but I tried to remind myself every day I still had to wake up and keep trying the best I could to lose weight - because that was my ultimate goal. I know this is difficult but hang in there. Im always here for you - try to keep your head up!!! 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

1crazy_cat_lady
on 9/3/13 6:28 am - Winnipeg, Canada
It's official, the file is closed and I am required to reapply. FML

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

Most Active