anyone want to team up to lose 20lbs?

chrispy_man
on 9/20/13 3:55 am - Mystic, CT
RNY on 09/21/10 with
Anyone interested in joining me in a goal of losing 20lbs? I am planning to track my eating by food log and exercise with exercise log. I will follow my nutrition plan from the dr and record daily my calorie deficit due to diet and exercise and track that against my weight. Thinking that if I make a goal or game of 70,000 calories (20 lb x3500 calories), it will help me focus on reaching the 20 lbs. I'll sort of count it down as the deficit adds up, comparing it to weight along the way?

HW 440, SW 386, CW 229.8

Lucky2talk2
on 9/20/13 1:24 pm - Renton, WA
What a great idea!!!!

Right now I am having to up my calories to get the needed nutrition for my difficult time with reocovery. This has been a doosy! I am not focussing on losing but rather maintaining my numbers and losing FLUIDS that I have been bloated up with. I am wanting to push the envelope to get movement in but realize I need to stop this for now.

However I would love to have a member or small group to do this with for support when I am able to start hitting it hard again!

Hugs and I know you an do it!!!

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

chrispy_man
on 9/20/13 2:28 pm - Mystic, CT
RNY on 09/21/10 with
Awesome progress and hugs to you too!

HW 440, SW 386, CW 229.8

KittyKarin
on 9/22/13 11:15 pm - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Hi there!  Are you using an old fashioned food journal or are you logging your food and exercise on an app or the web?  I use My Fitness Pal and it calculates alot of things for you.  You can access from a Smartphone app or just the internet. 

Also, how are you determining your calorie deficit?  If I can figure that out, I would love to join you!  I have about 45 pounds I would like to lose all together but 20 is a good chunk to start with! :-)  I am also KittyKarin on My Fitness Pal if you use that.  Let me know!

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

chrispy_man
on 9/23/13 12:58 am - Mystic, CT
RNY on 09/21/10 with
Hi

I use Sparkpeople. Kind of a habit now lol, but I could change over if it makes sense to collaborate. For the calorie deficit I am doing two things. First I had to figure out about what my BMR is by trial and error. Came to the conclusion it is about 1500 calories to maintain my weight. Then I use a conservative estimate of calories burned through exercise each day.

BMR+Exercise-Food Intake = deficit

Chrispy

HW 440, SW 386, CW 229.8

Most Active