Recent Posts

dansobel2
on 6/12/23 11:26 am - Dix Hills, NY
Topic: Introducing myself and my situation

Hey everyone my name is Daniel Scott Sobel, as of today I stand in at 6'5" and weigh 743 Pounds (BMI = 88.1), My highest I was 829.5 Pounds (BMI = 98.4) which was earlier this year on my 24th birthday. I've always been fairly mobile for my size because of my height and the fact I was always very large. I am looking to get a duodenal switch but I have to get down under 600 for that to happen, I just don't have the discipline to do that. I've been in rehab centers but my insurance won't cover more than a 2 month stay. I feel like I don't have much time left

AW
on 10/17/22 3:26 am
Topic: RE: Hello from returnee

Hi Patty, did you come to a decision on your WLS?

ImANewDee
on 10/10/22 8:34 pm - Grand Rapids, MI 49504, USA, MI
Topic: RE: What are some easy exercise I can do weight 589 pounds

Do a quick search online for chair exercises or the Sit and Be Fit program on PBS. At my highest I was right around an 80 BMI. I was almost immoble as well since walking more than a few feet at a time was very painful (knees, back and ankles). Something as easy as raising your arms up and down, circling them....doing the same thing for your legs several times a day can help increase stamina. Stretching and bending as much as you can doing something even as mundane as folding laundry and placing in a basket on the floor while sitting does count too.

526 / 488 / 208 / 200
HW SW CW GW

TattooMom
on 9/21/22 7:39 am - SUGAR LAND, TX

Thanks for replying to my question and answering it

White Dove
on 9/21/22 3:31 am - Warren, OH
Topic: RE: Hello from returnee

Sadly only a small fraction of those whose lives could be so much improved with weight loss surgery actually go through with it. You are not alone in this choice.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Patty T.
on 9/20/22 4:04 pm - Boalsburg, PA

A pedal exerciser can be a way to get your arms and legs moving.

Stretching in also good. When we sit too long we can get stiff. Move to another chair during a commercial.

Does your program offer exercise consults? I hate to recommend anything that might hurt you medically.

Patty T.
on 9/20/22 3:49 pm - Boalsburg, PA
Topic: Hello from returnee

Hi all

I've been dancing with making a commitment to WLS for at least 15 years. I was on this board regularly but got swept up in life.

My Max was 450 or so. I was in a surgical program in Portland, OR an 10lbs from my surgery weight (395) when long standing marital problems resulted in a move back to my hometown in PA.

I'm currently at 310 but as I close in on turning 70, that knee surgery that I never could qualify for has caused havoc. I need to get more of this weight off so I can start becoming bionic.

Patty

TattooMom
on 9/10/22 2:41 pm - SUGAR LAND, TX
Topic: What are some easy exercise I can do weight 589 pounds

What are some easy exercise I can do weight 589 pounds, also I have hard time walking

CurvesAhead
on 7/5/22 5:25 pm - Los Gatos, CA
Topic: RE: What are some easy exercise I can do weight over 500 pounds

I'm new to getting healthier as well, and at 454 I'm having similar struggles with exercises and mobility in general. I was doing OK, but got COVID in 2020 and physically never made a comeback. I'm trying to just start where I'm at. I can stand and walk 20-30 feet, so I do that whenever I can and I'm logging my steps, which I want to increase each week. I'm doing chair exercises too. I got an app called Beginner's Workout and it has workouts for mobility challenges - seated workouts and such. I made a deal with myself that whenever I go to the bathroom I take a few more steps than necessary and I do a seated workout while I'm there, like 8-12 reps of like lifting my arms above my head and reaching up. My arms are heavy so it's like lifting a weight. When I brush my teeth bending over the sink I'm doing a few leg lifts. It's a starting place. Best of luck. Start with what you can do and take it from there.

MorganGMorgan
on 5/5/22 1:20 am
Topic: I'm scared and I need advice.

I don't know where to begin. I've never posted on a forum like this before. I don't know if I can be helped. But I'm scared. I am considered morbidly obese and recently it has come to attention to a disturbing degree. I am scared that it's too late for me and my bell will be ring soon if I don't do something.

I can't sleep currently. When I do get to sleep I wake up frequently. In the mornings I'm nauseous. I feel myself getting worse despite everything I have tried.

And I have tried what seems like everything. Diets are a bust, though I'm sure I don't have to say how hard it can be to stay in line. Exercise is a joke and not because I can't do it. My work requires I be incredibly active. Yesterday alone I walked 8 miles, and that was a shorter day. So what now? Surgery? I'm terrified not to mention that there is no way to afford it (I'm not asking for financial support). As I approach my 30th birthday I'm horrified. I don't want to die.

In truth that might be a little hyperbolic and I'm aware that I might have past trauma that makes me worry. My father used to tell me near daily that I would die before I was 30 if I don't change my habits since I was a child.

(Side note: I'm not sure I was emotionally abused growing up. But it feels like I have horror stories)

So I come here, to a place in which I am a stranger with a hope that someone can help me... Or advise me... Or just to know what I go through because I've never met someone who knows what it's like and frankly I feel like an alien in a strange land.

This was the single hardest thing I've ever written.

Most Active