Life Plan Devotion #106 [Phil. 4:19--What next?]

marylaw
on 6/17/09 6:07 pm - Winfield, KS
Hi, Everyone.
Today, we wrap up Philippians 4:19. Tomorrow, I will post the Flashback Friday Devotion, and Monday, we'll pick up with the next promise of God. :)
For those of you who are willing to respond, what is your greatest need, on your weight-loss journey, for which you are trusting God to provide? For me, it's getting the scale moving more quickly.

Life Plan Devotion #106 [Philippians 4:19--What next?]

Philippians 4:19 "My God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus" (Amplified Version).

Our every need is supplied by God, and since God lives in the supernatural, His provision comes from the supernatural. Since we live in the natural, we tend to look to the natural for provision. Our challenge is to allow our supernatural Heavenly Father to intervene in our natural cir****tances.
     One of my majors in college was Business Education, and I learned the importance of asking, whether one is an employee or a CEO. I learned that there are 4 principles of asking:
          1) Ask as if you expect to get it.
          2) Ask someone who has the authority to give it to you.
          3) Ask in a way that is clear and specific.
          4) Ask repeatedly.
     Does God want us to ask Him for provision? After all, He knows everything. He knows what we need, so we should merely sit back and wait for Him to provide, in His sovereign will and timing. Right? Wrong. How do I know that? Let's look at the verse on which we will focus for the next few days.
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be open to you" (NIV).
     When I read that verse about a week ago, I saw a principle of provision from the very mouth of Jesus Christ:
          Ask
          Seek
          Knock
     We will continue to look at the principle of asking. Until next time, be thinking of how that involves prayer, especially in your own life.

What this has to do with weight loss: Whatever needs you have on your weight-loss journey, consider asking for help. Too many are too proud to ask for what they need. Not only are there people around you who can help you, there is Someone always near, to whom you can go and express your needs. He has all the answers.

Confession:
God wants me to ask Him to supply my need. Therefore, I will learn to pray and ask my supernatural Heavenly Father to supply my natural needs.

Blessings,
Mary
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how BIG your God is!"

ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
Most Active