Flashback Friday Devotion #23 [To whom does the battle belong?]

marylaw
on 6/18/09 3:20 pm - Winfield, KS
Hi, Everyone.
When I read today's devotion from my personal journal dated May 1, 2007, I remembered well the day and what I was going through. Very hard and very precious.

Flashback Friday Devotion #23 [To whom does the battle belong?]

I felt like I was in a battle this morning, not so much with overeating, but with the enemy, who was trying to get me to doubt that I had faith to stand and believe for my healing.
     In prayer, I told the Lord about this battle, and I heard Him say so clearly, "I will fight for you." I went to the Concordance and was drawn to Exodus 14:14, "The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest."
     I read the previous verse (Exodus 14:13), also, which says, "...Fear not: stand still (firm, confident, undismayed) and see the salvation of the Lord which He will work for you today. For the Egyptians you have seen today you shall never see again."
     Isn't that wonderful?! The Lord brought that Word for me, to help me know that He's in my corner AND to show me that the army of gluttony that I've been fighting for SO long is GONE! If I see them, it's just the Evil One, and the army is just a mirage. Praise God!
     God has already fought the battle! The battle has been won! Because of Him, I can stand firm, confident, and undismayed. I am in awe of God's mercy, and I give Him all the glory.

What "Egyptians" are you facing today? Be assured that God is saying to you, "Do not fear. Stand still and watch Me fight for you." Praise Him that the battle belongs to Him, not you.

Blessings,
Mary
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how BIG your God is!"

ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
Most Active