I'm so happy that there is a Christian Forum!!!

jrussell
on 6/20/09 12:40 pm - Boiling Springs, SC
I have been on OH many times over the past 3 years.  Researching, reading of others experences, asking questions, but I never saw that there was a Christian Forum!! I am so excited.  I mostly just read.  I'm not much of a poster. But Now that I have Brothers and Sisters out there on the same path, I just might spend more time here!
Prayer request.  I am 1 year and4 months out and I am stuck, have not lost in more that 6 months.  I have lost 105 lbs of which I am Praising God for.  but need to loose at least 40 more.
I have been able to get off all meds, no GERD, no Sleep Apnea, No Diabeties!Praise the Lord.
 Pray that I will get back on track and loose those other pounds I need to loose and that I will find a way to pay for Plastic surgery to get rid of all this skin.
Thanks for being there and being real.
Hislady
on 6/20/09 2:38 pm - Vancouver, WA
Welcome, it's always great to see new folks join our little group. This is the best forum here IMHO and the people are just wonderful. No argueing like some of the other boards. I'm sure you will get many prayers over your weight loss stall and I hope you will become a regular like some of the rest of us.
jrussell
on 6/22/09 6:12 am - Boiling Springs, SC
Thanks, It's always a good place to be with brother's and sisters in Christ.
marylaw
on 6/20/09 2:45 pm, edited 6/20/09 2:46 pm - Winfield, KS
Hi, there.
Welcome to the Christianity Forum! Glad you're here, and thank you for posting. I will certainly pray that you will be able to lose those final 40 pounds. Even when you don't feel able, God is able. Get back to basics, do what worked for you early on, and cling to the Lord. Oh, and post here! ;)
Blessings,
Mary

Edited to Add: I see you're from S.C.! I grew up in Columbia and Charleston, but I don't think I've heard of Boiling Springs. I know there are many small towns, so maybe that's one of those. Anyway, I miss S.C.! :)
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how BIG your God is!"

ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
jrussell
on 6/22/09 6:14 am - Boiling Springs, SC
I have read many of your comments and encouragements.  You are truly a blessing.  Boiling Springs is north of Spartanburg, in the foot hills.  I can see the Blue Ridge from my street on clear days.
Thanks for reminding me that God is truely able!!
Nita
ksmidnite
on 6/21/09 8:32 pm - centereach, NY
Welcome, I can not put into words what an encouragement the people on this board are. I know that when I ask for prayer I am getting it and from some great prayer warriors. The Lord brought me to this forum and I thank God that the people on it are obediant to him. I will be praying for you, I am sorta in the same boat. I am so thankful for the 80 pounds I already lost but it seems to have stopped. I know it was very quick and I know it needed to slow down. I need to learn that God is in control and as long as I give it to Him then I know he will supply all I need. I pray for that for you as well. God Bless you and welcome to our wonderful God driven group.

In Christ
Karyn

jrussell
on 6/22/09 6:19 am - Boiling Springs, SC
Thank you, I understand "Stand still" as far as loss is concerned.  It is hard not to get discouraged when it was so fast and dramatic for the first 10 months.  I need to focus on not falling back into bad habits, grazing, and eating what I know I shouldn't.  Thank you for reminding me that God is in Control and I need to give my fear of gaining back the weight to Him.  I can do all thing throught Christ who strengthens me. You can do all things throught Christ who strenghtens you.
Sister in Service,
Nita
gogirl1960
on 6/22/09 7:18 am - greenwood, DE
yes, it nice to share with other believers what is going on with you. i had my bypass surgery 11 weeks ago. i have lost 50 pounds, which definetly goes to the Lord. He has made this surgery a success for me. no pain, problems, it is easy to stay on track with him. today was the first day that i had a throwing up episode. stomach still not right, so i am just relaxing and waiting for things to calm down on the inside. i have alot of people ask me if this is hard , like given up food, sugar , etc. i just tell them that i have the Lord on my  side and nothing is too hard.
ksmidnite
on 6/22/09 8:51 pm - centereach, NY
Amen that was so well said

Most Active