New York Newbie...

Ms.Ronnie
on 6/22/09 1:26 am - Brooklyn, NY
Grace and peace everyone! I, like another earlier post, am thrilled to see a forum for Christians. Don't get me wrong, the other forums are quite positive and inspirational, but I like the idea of folks who know how to get a prayer through praying for me. I haven't had my surgery yet...my expected date is some time in early August. I will see my surgeon next Wednesday to finalize everything. I must admit I'm nervous, but God truly set this whole thing up for me. My prayer was that if I was to have the surgery God would guide me towards the right hospital with the right surgeon and things would go relatively smoothly with regard to the insurance approval. Needless to say, since December everything has worked in my favor. I will be having my surgery done at Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC, the surgeon is Dr. Edward Yatco and everything is covered by my insurance. I'm nervous, but I'm more excited to see the new me that God is going to pull out of all this. God bless each of you and let's remember to lift one another up in prayer.
Linda W.
on 6/22/09 1:48 am - Vancouver, WA
I will add you to my prayer list & watch for your post of a surgery date.
Blessings,
Linda

Linda
"I can do ALL things through CHRIST who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13 

marylaw
on 6/22/09 4:42 am - Winfield, KS
Welcome, Ms. Ronnie! I love to see a new face on the Christianity Forum. There are precious, precious people here. Not too many post, but if you post a prayer request, you can be sure it will get prayed for.
I'm excited for you and your upcoming surgery. When God has His hand on it, things work out! :) Keep us posted as to your surgery date, and if there's anything I can do to help you on your journey, you just send me a message. Until then, I will be praying for you.
Blessings,
Mary
"Don't tell God how big your storm is; tell your storm how BIG your God is!"

ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
Hislady
on 6/22/09 2:52 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hi Ronnie, good to see your new face. The folks here are awesome and we'll all be praying for your upcoming surgery. Keep us posted when you get a date. God bless!
ksmidnite
on 6/22/09 8:47 pm - centereach, NY
Hello Ms. Ronnie. I can tell you that God has truly sent the people in this forum to me, I have been so blessed by them. You could not ask for better more equipped prayer warriors and Mary's devotions are so God given they hit the nail on the head everytime for me. We will be praying for you throughout this journey. I too know that my surgery was a divine appointment. No person could have orchastrated it better than God. He will bless you and keep you. God Bless

In Christ
Karyn

Grannymae
on 6/26/09 4:10 am, edited 6/26/09 4:11 am - Green River, WY
Ms. Ronnie-
 Praying that the Lord will remove all fear from your mind and assure you that He is with you all the way.  I too will be watching to see your surgery date so extra prayers will be sent in your behalf :)

love in Christ

Grannymae
Ms.Ronnie
on 6/26/09 4:24 am - Brooklyn, NY
You all are such a blessing. Thanks for your words of encouragement. My pre-op appointment with Dr. Yatco (my surgeon) is Wednesday, July 1st...we'll hopefully set the surgery date and all of my pre-op 'stuff' then. I'll certainly keep you all updated. God bless :D
jrussell
on 6/26/09 11:10 pm - Boiling Springs, SC
welcome Ronnie,
I am excited for you to be joining God's Loosing Winners!  He has truely blessed me with WLS and I feel I have been born for a 3rd time.  Once from my mother's womb, twice from Jesus' Sacrifice and thirdly from WLS.  I hope that no one finds that sacreligious.  God paved the way for my WLS and has been with me the whole way. I have more to go before reaching goal, I feel this too is God's doing.  It keeps me mindful of not falling back into old ways. I pray that all goes well with your appointment and the surgery date will be set.
SIS (Sister in Service)
Nita
Ms.Ronnie
on 6/29/09 10:02 am - Brooklyn, NY
Thanks again for the encouragement. I guess my next question is post op...what can I expect as far as pain, etc. Anyone already had the VSG (Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy)? Is there any drainage involved post-op? Thanks in advance and God bless.
Most Active