Friday Prayer & Praise

Hislady
on 5/13/11 7:57 am - Vancouver, WA
Beautiful spring day, great visit with my KnitWit buddies and got my grocery shopping done for the week, all in all a good day. Please pray that my pulmonary doc can figure out why my O2 levels drop so quickly when I exert myself the least bit. I have an appt next week to do some pulmonary function tests. I just need to find out what this is and hopefully how to fix it. He says my lungs are great, the equivilent of 1 2/3 lung power when sitting but drop drastically when I move around. I end up short of breath just walking 15 feet to the bathroom. So it really limits my life, can't even take my great grand D for a walk or my dog for that matter. If I can qualify for portable oxygen it would sure help, I might even drop a few pounds. So thanks in advance and I'll let you know the outcome. God bless! Karen
Patricia R.
on 5/14/11 1:33 am - Perry, MI
I will definitely pray for you with your breathing issues.  Having asthma, I appreciate being able to breath freely.  My mom does not understand why I stay in a hotel when I go to Pittsburgh to see my son.  Why don't I stay with son?  Well, he and girlfriend smoke like chimneys, and I like breathing clean air, and she said to open a window, and that does not cut it for me at all. 

I am grateful that the symptoms I had Thursday night are gone.  I am feeling so much better.

Please pray for my daughter's work situation to improve.  She is praying her principal will find a different school district, as he is really to the point of almost stalking her.  He has no professional boundaries at all.

Thanks,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 5/14/11 6:20 am - Vancouver, WA
Oh I hear ya, smoke just kills me, I quit 12 yrs ago and I wouldn't be in the shape I'm in now if I'd quit sooner. I have one neighbor that is so nice! He calls when he is gonna burn limbs and things so I can make sure my windows are closed. Wish everybody was that nice. It even grosses me out to walk by someone in the grocery store that is a smoker, they are stinky! I do understand the addiction but it's still a stinky habit.
Patricia R.
on 5/14/11 9:51 pm - Perry, MI
When I was growing up, my parents and older sister smoked, and all my parents' friends smoked.  It's a wonder I did not get asthma sooner then in my 40s.  I never smoked, but empathize with the addiction part of it.  My son is respectful while visiting here, and goes outside to smoke, even when he lived with me in my other apartment, he would go outside.  I had a chair right outside my door for him. 

Mom just thinks I should save the money, and I am entitled to stay with my son, because I am the Mom, and should not have to pay for a hotel.  I used to try to stay with son, but it's just too inconvenient to breath smoky air, and impose on him and the girlfriend, when I can get an expensive hotel room for cheap on Priceline, and swim in the pool and use the exercise room.  Son and girlfriend came to hotel and we went to dinner, and then we had a nice visit in my smokefree room.  When they needed a fix of nicotine, they went down to the area outside the door, and came back up afterward.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active