Wednesday Prayer & Praise

Hislady
on 5/18/11 6:56 am - Vancouver, WA
Sheesh what a yutz I am, forgot to post this yesterday! Must be that senior disease CRS, can't remember stuff! So how is hump day going for everyone? Another sunny day here makes me want to do something outside, until I remember my allergies! So I'll just park here and do some crocheting later. God bless to all! Karen
Patricia R.
on 5/18/11 9:14 am - Perry, MI
Well, I went to the dentist, and he put a crown on, and it is not right.  I did not notice my bite being off, till I tried to eat this afternoon.  I have to call the dentist and see if he can adjust it. 

I also got a cortisone shot in my hip, and the doc did not want to do two at a time, because of the mount of steroids at once.  So, I have to go back in a couple of weeks and get that taken care of, because I wake up in agony every morning.

My bedroom had a slight flood today.  The roof above my bedroom seems to be leaking and it came through my ceiling, above my windows.  My curtains came down, and I had to put a bucket there because it was a steady flow during a downpour.  I have fans on trying to dry my carpet.  My landlord was out of town today, and his wife came up and looked at the situation.  Since they need access to the attic through one of my closets, and I don't know when they are going to get someone to work on this problem, I rescheduled my therapy session, AGAIN.  This session was supposed to be last Friday, then I rescheduled it to Monday, then I pushed it to tomorrow.  Now it is a week from tomorrow. 

I did see my psychiatrist yesterday, and we discussed my pain meds, and my overall behavior and attitude.  He is pleased with where I am, given the pain situation, and the painkillers. 

My relationship with my mother and sister is strained.  Mom is of the opinion that I should have told my son I could not accept his Mothers Day gift, an afternoon with him at a Phillies game, two weeks ago, because I made a commitment with my sister.  I have helped my sister for years with Special Olympics, and gave her three days in April, and she threw a fit, insulting me, and saying she could not count on me for help with Special Olympics.  My sister lives 10 minutes away.  My son lives 2-3 hours away, and travels extensively for business.

I guess I just needed to ramble today.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 5/18/11 12:26 pm - Vancouver, WA
Vent away that's what we're here for! Yea it's hard to tell if crowns fit till you actually eat something. I sure hope you can make your meeting next week those are important. Tho not more important than a flood! Goodness hope they figure what caused it and take care of any damages to your things. Just remember to stay calm and just cause people are family doesn't mean they are always right! Your mom and sis sound like people who just aren't gonna be happy no matter what so don't let them get you down. Just keep on smilin' and remember in the whole scheme of this this too shall pass! Hugs to ya, hang in there!!
Most Active