Thursday Prayer & Praise

Hislady
on 5/19/11 9:37 am - Vancouver, WA
What a gorgeous day, 75 degrees and sunny with a small breeze. Just one of those perfect days. Almost the end of the week, how has yours been? God bless! Karen
Patricia R.
on 5/19/11 10:46 am - Perry, MI
I would appreciate prayer for my toes.  I saw the podiatrist who did my surgery, and he is concerned about the swelling I still have in two of them.  He gave me two little compression socks for them, and I am to wear them for about 8 hours a day.  He also ordered another x-ray.  He was going to prescribe prednisone to dry up the swelling, but I am already on it, and it is not working.  I also still have pain in the toes.  He wants to see me in three weeks, after we have given the toes a chance to go down with the compression things and I get the x-ray done. 

I am also struggling with some depression and discouragement.  I am tired of the pain dictating my life, and don't see that changing permanently ever.  I am trying to do meditations and visualization exercises to try to alleviate it, but still need pain meds which jeopardize my recovery, because nothing else works.  I can't take Ibuprofen or Aleve, because of my gastric bypass surgery, and the nonnarcotic alternatives don't make a dent.  I don't want to end up in rehab again, but I can't deal with the constant pain.  I have cancelled my therapy appointments because of the pain, because it is a long drive.  I started with my therapist 21 years ago, and can't change therapists because of trust issues. 

Sorry to whine.  I am having a rough time this week.  Plus, I just wish my daughter and her husband would get to the point where they ask me to move to Michigan to help with the kids.  I have suggested moving to Michigan, and my daughter has basically told me I would not like living in their small town, nor would I fit in, because I am a political liberal, and socially liberal, and they have a very conservative town, with conservative family members out there.  I always get along with her in-laws, and would be able to adjust to life out there.  I have offered to be her full time daycare, as I love my grandchildren, and she thinks I should be working.  I am waiting for a part time job to start, but I could get a part time job out there if I wanted to as well.  My early retirement on disability has my kids upset, because they are concerned about me being too young to retire, and don't want to see me bored, which I am not. 

I could go on and on, but I won't.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 5/20/11 10:08 am - Vancouver, WA
My toes send hugs to your toes! I spent today at 2 diff docs trying to find something for my toe pain. Seems my options are more surgery or continue to try to adjust my spinal stimulator to reach down to my toes. So far it's not working so I may still have to have surgery.
I know how the fibro pain is and it seems like there is no hope and it is depressing to be in pain all the time. At least you know there are lots of us out there! You aren't alone by any means.I hope things settle down for you soon and life gets better.
Most Active