Friday Prayer & Praise

Hislady
on 5/20/11 10:14 am - Vancouver, WA
Ahhh another glorious day here. I spent it running around to 2 docs and neither one had much for answers, Getting old is more of  a challenge than I expected! Hope you all have a great weekend. God bless! Karen
Patricia R.
on 5/20/11 11:09 am - Perry, MI
I found the best book in my stack of books I got from a book club.  It is by Joni Eareckson Tada, called, "A Place of Healing: Wrestling with the Mysteries of Suffering, Pain, and God's Sovereignty."  I ordered it a while ago, and started reading it last night, in the midst of my self-pity trip.  It is exactly what I need to read right now.  Joni, as you may know, is a quadraplegic who suffered a diving accident about 40 years ago, and she is now a writer, and speaker.  She is now experiencing extreme bouts of pain, and the book is about her exploring that part of her life, in the light of scripture.  I highly recommend it.

Love,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 5/20/11 12:02 pm - Vancouver, WA
Oh yes I've heard of Joni, not read any of her books but saw a film about her years ago as a baby Christian, she's an amazing woman. Hmmm God put in your hands just what you needed when you needed it, isn't He an awesome God!?
Patricia R.
on 5/21/11 2:29 am - Perry, MI

Yes, God is so good to me.  He not only gave me the book, which is just like I am having coffee with a good friend who can empathize with my pain, but he also got me a job interview for a part time job.

I would be working as a per diem social worker at a psychiatric hospital I used to work at as a group therapist.  Please pray for me on Monday afternoon, as that is when the interview is.  I worked there for three years on weekends and during summers, in a different department, doing group and recreational therapy.  Now, I would be doing case management and assessments of new patients.  Pray I get the job, and that I learn the ropes quickly, if I do.

Thanks,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 5/21/11 8:33 am - Vancouver, WA
That sounds great I'll be praying for you to get this!
Most Active