cursillo & via de cristo Christian retreat alumni

decolores
on 5/21/11 1:11 pm - West St. Paul, MN
 I am interested in forming a wls group of people who have gone through a 3 day christian retreat like catholic or episcopal cursillo, methodist walk to emmau****heran via de cristo or the other retreats like unidad en christos and great banquet that some congregational or evangelical denominations have.  If this is you and you are interested, please be in touch.

You are worth it!
Cindy J.
Patricia R.
on 5/24/11 8:54 am - Perry, MI
I never heard of any of those things.  I do not belong to a denomination, but an independent congregation.

You are welcome to post here, and share your experience and journey with us.

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dlee40
on 6/6/11 10:55 am - TX
I not only have been on a Walk to Emmaus and later served as a Lay Director, I have since become clergy and have served on several teams as clergy. Emmaus (and its brothers and sisters) is a wonderful experience for the Christian. But I live in Texas, so I don't think a get-together in person is very practical!

High: 269              Surgery Day: 224              Current: 198.6   Goal: 135

"Do all the good you can,By all the means you can, In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can." John Wesley

decolores
on 6/8/11 6:31 am - West St. Paul, MN
 great to connect with you if only by e-mail!  I went through Lutheran Via De Cristo a few years ago and have served on a Palanca team. Many people from my neighborhood church congregation have gone through this too. I had my weight loss surgery (gastric sleeve) yesterday, so am still at the University of Minnesota hospital till Friday.  So, did you become a UMC pastor?  I go to the closest church of any kind to my home, which is a mid-sized ELCA Lutheran church with a fabulous senior pastor.  He was here yesterday praying with me before surgery, and then stopped in again this morning, though the hospital I chose is about 15 miles from our homes and Tuesday was his day off.

are you a second career pastor?

Cindy
You are worth it!
Cindy J.
Most Active