Monday Prayer & Praise

Hislady
on 5/23/11 10:07 am - Vancouver, WA
Here's another week to work on. I'm sure God will make it interesting for all of us! Here's hoping our sister Trish got good news on her job interview today. Wishing you all a great week. God bless! Karen
Patricia R.
on 5/23/11 7:43 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Karen,
Thanks for mentioning my interview.  It went reasonably well, though the woman did point out that I do not have case management experience, and would need training in that.  I won't know for about a week. 

Did a dumb thing.  I wore regular shoes, before my podiatrist cleared me for them.  I did not want to wear sandals to an interview, and did not want to wear the boot either.  My tootsies were sore. 

Please pray about the job.  I am only supposed to work part time for nine months to test my fitness for the workforce, while collecting Social Security disability.  I do not want to mention to the hospital that I am on disability.  I left there because of my health issues.  I am physically capable of working part time as a social worker.  I just don't want this employer to know I am collecting.  This job could end up being full time temporarily.  I don't want to jeopardize my benefits.  She seemed interested in me working part time on weekends, or per diem in emergencies.

I am really praying that my daughter and her husband ask me to move to Michigan to be full time daycare for my grandchildren.  They rent three houses, and one is next door to them, and one is around the corner, within walking distance of them.  That would be heaven.  My daughter seems to think I am too urbanly liberal to be content living in her conservative, Midwest, smalltown.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 5/24/11 7:00 am - Vancouver, WA
Praying for your job situation. Is daughter maybe more afraid of having mom around all the time, maybe infringing on their privacy. Not dissing you in any way just maybe there is more to it than you being urbanized. I gotta say after I moved back to the NW from Cali many years ago it did take me close to a year to de-urbanize. The pace of life was much slower and there weren't so many things readily available like in the big city. Took me a long time to just slow down and relax, I was so used to being on the go all the time. It would really be a transition, plus all your support would have to be rebuilt again. Just some things to think about plus politics in a small town are drastically different from bigger cities. Remember turn it over to God and He will lead you to the right path for you, He may have other plans. Best of luck to you whatever happens.
Most Active