Memorial Day Prayer & Praise

Hislady
on 5/30/11 7:04 am - Vancouver, WA
I can't think of a better praise today than to praise all those in the military for their selfless actions defending our country. I'm sure they can also use our prayers daily to give them strength to do what they are assigned to do. That is all that needs be said today. God bless. Karen
Patricia R.
on 5/30/11 12:30 pm - Perry, MI
My father and brother served in the Navy when they were alive.  I am honored to know that a flag is placed next to their graves each year in honor of their service.  I was an Army wife during the first four years of my marriage.  I also possess the flag that draped my brother's casket.  I only regret that there was not a live bugler playing "Taps" at his funeral.  They had a cassette player playing it, but the military did fold the flag and give it to my Mom, and said the line about being grateful for his service.  When Daddy died, there was a bugler.  That was 34 years ago though. 

Sorry to be so morbid. 

I could use prayer for a drug screening I am required to get tomorrow for a new job, which is a praise.  I am taking Percocet for my chronic pain, and PRAISE the Lord, I am not tempted to abuse it, nor drink.  I did tell the hospital I was hired by that I am taking the medicaiton.  They said that if it comes up positive, which it probably will, I will need to produce a note from my doctor stating that I am prescribed the drug and the dosage.  I called the doctor's office and requested the note.  My doctor would not be in tomorrow, but the Nurse Practioner will be, and she has helped me a lot in the past year.  I am hoping she does not mind producing the note. 

The praise is I can work for nine months while on Social Security Disability, as a trial period to see if I am healthy enough to return to the workforce.  I am looking forward to being a per diem social worker, something I went to grad school to do, but never actually did yet, though I have worked in mental health since grad school, just not as a social worker.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 5/31/11 8:45 am - Vancouver, WA
My dad was in the Navy too. I think my brother has the flag from his casket. Will be praying that you pass your test or at least get the note from the doc. You know I didn't have any interest in alcohol once I got the pain meds either. I think my drinking was to dull the pain I was in cause I didn't really drink to get drunk just to stop the pain. I didn't realize tho until I got the correct pain meds. I would guess there are alot of people who do the same thing because so many docs are hesitant to give pain meds. Wish you the best!
Patricia R.
on 5/31/11 6:21 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks Karen,
I know there are a lot of people that self-medicate, but in my case, I was an alcoholic from my teen years.  I did self-medicate a lot during my relapse, as it was such an inviting alternative to the extreme pain I have had. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active