Phillipians 2:3

Hislady
on 8/8/12 9:33 am - Vancouver, WA
"In lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself." This goes along with the subject of yesterdays poster who pointed out that so many self professed Christians don't show what Christ taught us. We are to be known as Christians by how we treat others, by the compassion and love we show others. One thing many forget is to hate the sin not the sinner! We don't have to agree with a person's political beliefs or moral beliefs but we are to love them even if we don't agree. We need to learn to separate the sin from the sinner and show the person love and compassion no matter their beliefs. This is what shows we are true Christains. So when you see someone who has a problem or is sad and needs a hug, go for it regardless of who or what they are!

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 8/8/12 11:37 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Karen,
When I was married, my husband had trouble esteeming anyone better than himself.  He was highly intelligent, and extremely arrogant.  He also had zero empathy for me with my mental health issues.  I really struggled with that during our marriage.  My low self-esteem next to his arrogance were not a pretty combination.  

The thing that I am still amazed by is my sons, especially Chris in New York.  Both my sons' IQs are extremely high, and my older son has a Master of Fine Arts in Acting.  Yet, he is so humble, and kind to people no matter who they are.  He does not take after his father at all.  The difference is night and day.

Another good topic.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active