Hebrews 12:6

Hislady
on 8/23/12 2:51 pm - Vancouver, WA

"Whom the Lord loves He chastens." When God corrects or disciplines you do you see Him as angry and hateful or do you see Him as He truely is, as a loving God who is teaching us by correction. Sometimes just like our children need discipline, we do too and God will not hesitate to correct us so that we can become the vessels He can use for His glory. We may see it as punishment but try to remember today's scripture, He is in fact showing His love and care for us!

God bless!
Karen

Patricia R.
on 8/23/12 5:47 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Karen,
Because my perception of God was very entrenched in how I see my mother, till around my divorce 11 years ago, I perceived God's discipline as spiteful, hateful punishment.  That's the way Mom punished my sister, younger brother, and me.  Now that my brothers are in heaven, she gets along with my sister, and is spiteful with me.

Because of my friend's discipling me, I was able to change how I see God's discipline.  It's been a blessing to have my entire view of God changed.  As a result, I see many things in my life differently, like my two weeks in the hospital in January, and needing a visiting nurse for two months afterward.  I sensed God's loving presence and care the entire time.  

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 8/24/12 8:47 pm - Vancouver, WA
Unfortunately I think alot Christians feel that way because parents kind of push that idea of God being a punisher. When we learn that He isn't punishing us but teaching us it can make a world of difference in our Christian growth. We have to remember that we can't put our mortal feelings on an omnipotent God, for He knows more than we can ever imagine and has a love for us that we can't even fathom!
Most Active