John 3:16 (Oh how I love this verse!)

Hislady
on 8/28/12 9:50 pm - Vancouver, WA
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."  How many of us learned that as one of our first verses after becoming a Christian? I remember feeling so special, so loved that God Himself would do that for a dirtbag like myself. Well I know I wasn't really a dirtbag but once you are saved you kinda look back on your unsaved self that way because you just feel so unworthy of that kind of love. Then if you are like me I slowly started feeling better about myself just knowing that God loved me that much.
Even tho I came from a very Beaver Cleaver, pretty normal family with about the best parents anyone could ever want, even they didn't make me feel loved the way God's love did. God's love is so special, no one on earth can even come close to it even if they worked at it all their life. When God loves you, you know you've been LOVED! To sacrifice His only Son and that the Son was willing to die for us is just beyond comprehension. We will never understand it, at best we can appreciate it and want to share it with others. "The Bible is God's love letter to us."

God bless!
Karen
Grannymae
on 8/29/12 9:10 am, edited 8/29/12 2:11 am - Green River, WY
I often like to personalize this .... "For God SO loved me that He gave His only begotten Son, that because I believe in Him I will have everlasting life."

I had a disfunctional family, and think that's why it took me most of my life to "REALLY" believe God could love me, but now that I do I stand on His promises (only the best for God's kids) and praise Him everyday...even if it's just "Thank You for another day of life Father".. or "You are So GOOD"!

Teri
Patricia R.
on 8/29/12 6:48 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Karen,
I not only love verse 16, but 17 also.  "
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

It took me a very long time as a believer to comprehend that these two verses were personal, and not just a blanket over the planet, but that He loved Trish Reilly, and that He sent His Son to pay MY price for MY sins.  Not only that, He didn't send His son to condemn Trish, but to save her.  

One of the very best things my discipling mentor repeatedly had to remind me was that if I were the only sinner on earth, Jesus would have still died for me.  Took a long time for that one to sink in.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active