1 Peter 1:7

Hislady
on 8/30/12 7:01 pm - Vancouver, WA
"The genuiness of your faith[is]much more precious than gold." Jesus rebuked the rich man saying it was hard for the rich man to get into the kingdom of God. Money itself isn't a problem it's the love of money that is the problem. Some Christians are indeed well to do financially, but I think they tend to also donate much of that money to worthy causes and other Christain causes. As long as making money isn't more important to you than your spiritual growth and life then it isn't a problem. However if making money is all you are concerned with your spirtual life is going to suffer. So I guess that I should be glad money isn't tempting me because it's always payday to payday around here. Just enough to cover the bills, not so much that it would tempt me to stray. I guess I should thank God for that too. He has supplied our needs but not showered us with extra tempting money. He knows I'd just buy out Michael's craft store of all their yarn!

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 9/3/12 6:41 am - Perry, MI
Hi Karen,
I'm right there with you on the yarn at Michaels, except it would also include the fabric at Joanns.  I had sewn several outfits for my granddaughter when I lived upstairs.  Not since moving down here.  I haven't been up to it.  I just finished a baby blanket for my new grandson, and am trying to finish a blanket for his newer cousin.  

I did not have a problem with loving money.  Unfortunately, I did love things, trips and travel to visit my kids.  That caused me to ring up thousands in credit card debt.  Now, I am trying to dig myself out, and got myself into a bigger mess.  I'm hoping that when I stop having to pay $760 a month in COBRA medical insurance payments, I can get caught up.  I'm hoping I can do it by December in order to make a trip to visit my grandchildren before Christmas.  If not before Christmas, after Christmas.  My daughter and her family are not able to come home for Christmas this year.  They try to make it every other year, since all of her in-laws live in Michigan, with her parents in-law living in the same town.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 9/3/12 4:12 pm - Vancouver, WA
I keep trying to get that blasted Visa f ours paid down but since hubby retired it just isn't happening. When he worked I had an extra $500 a month to put on it so no problem, but since then no matter how I try to economize it just isn't happening. It's not like we just blow money but it just won't go down. This Nov I'll be able to start drawing off his SS  so that'll be and extra $700 and I'm dumping it on that Visa till it's paid off!!! 
Most Active