James 1:12

Hislady
on 9/5/12 5:38 pm - Vancouver, WA
"Blessed is the man who endures temptation." Whoa now doesn't that hit home for all of us over eaters?! That's not even a horrible temptation just a common one. Usually the smaller temptations are easier to justify too. I mean really it's not murder or adultry or something awful like that. Sorry but to God a sin, is a sin, is a sin there are no degrees of sin, just sin. It's easy to see how we can all sin and come short of the glory of God! Our only hope is also in God, only He can give us the strength to turn from temptation and even then it is still up to us in the end to choose that strength or turn away from it. So there's a challenge for us this week, how will we handle those temptations?

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 9/5/12 11:44 pm - Perry, MI
I definitely can relate to this one, Karen.  Fortunately, or blessedly, I learned a lot while attending Overeaters Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous.  The 12 Steps are basically about finding and developing a relationship with God, and telling others.  

The first three Steps are all about God.  I can't resist temptation.  God can help me.  I think I'll surrender to Him, and let him help me.  The next six are about Spiritually cleaning house and making amends to the people we've offended, whether we like it or not.  The next three are about continuing the house cleaning, and maintaining the relationship with God, and then telling others about the hope and help we've found in God.

Because of doing all of these things regularly, I have managed to lose weight, 30 pounds, since leaving rehab in January 2010.  My eating is not 100% clean.  But, it is doing something right.

I hope this has not offended anyone.  I just know what has worked for me.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 9/6/12 3:55 am - Perry, MI
I almost forgot.  I am thrilled that the ladies Bible study at my church will be of James, and it's by Beth Moore.  I've done several of her studies, and they are awesome.  It includes DVD lessons prior to a week's worth of homework.  We split it up so that one week we do the DVD and the next week, we go over the homwork.  I'm looking forward to it, because the last in depth study of James I did was over 20 years ago, at a Kay Arthur study.  It's a wonderful book to study, as they all are.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 9/6/12 2:31 pm - Vancouver, WA
Can't get better than James and Beth, an awsome duo!
Most Active