1 Corinthians 15:55

Hislady
on 10/15/12 2:35 pm - Vancouver, WA
OK I just can't leave this forum so I'll just limit my time on other forums. I've spent too much time trying to revive this board so I can't leave it now. So I'm baaaack! 

"O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?"  Death, something we all have to face sooner or later. Does the idea of dying terrify you or do you just trust that God will guide you thru it. I have to say the older I get and the more physical problems I have the more that trip looks promising. Maybe that's why we get weaker and have more health problems as we get older so that we will look forward to it and not insist on staying here.

One piece of scripture always used to bother me and that was the 23 Psalm where it talks about the "walk thru the valley of the shadow of death". It always made me afraid of death but then a Pastor once preached to us that it says "thru the valley", not stuck in the valley or left to die in the valley but that He is there with us all the way. It completely changed my idea, I saw that it was a wonderful thing not something to be terrified of. So while I would miss my life here, I know that the coming life is going to be amazing and I will see old friends and family.

What are your thoughts on dying?

God bless!
Karen
Most Active