God does indeed work in mystewrious ways!

Hislady
on 10/19/12 12:54 pm - Vancouver, WA
Instead of my regular scripture I wanted to share something that happened today. I went to my knitting group that I hadn't been to in weeks because I'd been sick so much this summer. When I got there I had finished a prayer shawl and my friend June said "oh that's great because I talked with a lady last night who needs one so I'll drop it off today". As we talked she said how she and her husband had planned to go to KFC for dinner last night but the local one had closed so the went to another place they like and know the owners there. As they were talking the woman owner started crying and said she was so upset because her dad was dying and she had to make the decision to pull the plug basically. When June finished her story I told her that I was thrilled for her to share my shawl with this lady because when my parents were living they went to this place every Fri. evening for clam chowder, it was their special little going out time. So they also knew this couple and thought the world of them. I told her to tell them I was Bob and Carolyn's daughter and to thank them for their kindness to my parents.
I just got an e-mail from June telling me how touched the lady was and she had another flood of tears to know that I had been the one to make the shawl and how wonderful my parents were and how they missed their chowder nights. So look at all the ways God worked here. First getting me back to knitting, second getting June and hubby to the other restaurant, third me finishing this shawl I hadn't worked on for months, fourth that my parents had known and were remembered by this couple. Look at all the things that God put into place to have this happen. It's truely amazing, God is good all the time, all the time God is good. Our God can use us in wonderful ways even when none of us are aware what is going on until it happens.

Have a wonderful weekend, enjoy the autumn weather and be open to God using you, it can be an amazing experience!

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 10/23/12 1:29 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Karen,
Sorry I haven't been around lately.  I have been at my daughter's this week, and have not been on the computer much.  I'll be more active when I get home on Thursday.

I'm glad you were able to finish the prayer shawl, and bless June with it.  I know that had to bless you as well.

God bless.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 10/23/12 7:31 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi there good to see you! I knew you'd been indulging in grand kidlets fun and games! Enjoy and safe trip home!
OH2012
on 1/22/13 7:17 am - OH

He certainly does work in mysterious ways and I am always inspired by the way that He can 'knit' things together.  Thanks for sharing your story.  It always is affirming to the body!!

Most Active