Freaking out over a PM I received

beemerbeeper
on 3/22/11 1:16 pm - AL
A member PMed me.  She says she is 5 months out and is only getting 30 grams of protein a day.

I'm freaking out for her.

I told her to call her surgeon immediately.

I don't know what else I can do.  I stressed how serious this is.

I'm freaked out seriously. 

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/11 1:20 pm
Oh my!
Lynne
on 3/22/11 1:20 pm - Macon, GA
Beemer,

All you can do is hope she listened to you.  I know this is upsetting for you, but she has GOT to take control.

I feel for you (and her),

Lynne
Highest 330,    Surgery 297,     Goal 140.     Current 130
First Dr visit - 330 -
BMI 58.4,    Surgery - 297  BMI 52.6
01/24/2011 - 196 BMI 34.7 (ONEderland YEAH!!!),                 ...GeorgiaPink
08/10/2011 Reached GOAL Baby! 140 BMI 24.0                           is my Angel.
08/24/2011
- 139 BMI 23.8 One Year Anniversary 

PinkButtafli
on 3/22/11 1:34 pm - Covington, GA
Hey there, I just wanted to say hello and that Dr. Chasen is also my surgeon! I love him! He rocks! Please feel free to add me if you like.

Thanks,
Alyssa

kathie09
on 3/22/11 1:27 pm - not available
Thank heavens she sent you the message. Here's hoping that she can recover lost time and nutrition. I'm glad she feels open enough to ask you for counsel. Thank heaven for the boards!
kathie09
PinkButtafli
on 3/22/11 1:32 pm - Covington, GA
Hopefully she will take your advice and seek help from her doctor! That is insane and I can understand your sense of feeling stressed & freaked out. At this point she has got to het a hold of what is most important and that is following the guidelines that are given to us. I am going to keep you both in my prayers.

gak
on 3/22/11 1:36 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
I sure hope she listens to you ! Also hope her surgeon is supportive. Glad she reached out to someone for help !

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

zuzupetals2u2
on 3/22/11 1:56 pm - Sedona, AZ
so what can the surgeon do? Can she go on TPN at a hospital? Considering what all is said here I might have referred her to the Vitalady rather than the surgeon since she will need to start getting a lote more protein shakes now, right? At 3months out I am not sure I am quite as conscientious somedays as maybe I should be counting things . .

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

SweetnessandGrace
on 3/22/11 2:07 pm - ID
This is a perfect example of why I love this forum!  No matter how ticked off some of you get by having to repeat information or answer seemingly inane questions, someone always steps up to help!  I you!

HEAVEN IS THE PLACE WHERE YOU GO TO MEET ALL THE DOGS YOU HAVE LOVED.

Diane Davis
on 3/22/11 2:08 pm
Becky, you are so wonderful to feel such concern for this person.  Is she on this forum and read these posts?

She definitely needs to contact her surgeon to have her levels drawn immediately and see what plan of action the surgeon wants to follow.

There is nothing more you can do other than be there for this person with guidance and support.  It's out of your hands.  This person needs to take her life in her own hands and do something about this.

Prayers for her and you, too!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 338 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 801 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views