Left out...

adkmtngirl
on 3/23/11 8:45 am - Brant Lake, NY
 I hate when they use food as incentives or rewards! And they wonder why we have such problems with obesity in our country?? 

I am sorry that your company made the "effort" to ask out dietary needs/restrictions of its employees and then disregarded them. That was horrible! My suggestion, please take the time to send a nicely worded email to whomever was in charge of the 'menu' and ask why this happened. 

Kristina

KimberlyHeidi
on 3/23/11 11:17 am - VA
 Totally agree with this! 
k9ophile
on 3/23/11 11:14 am
OK, I get that no one should bend over backwards to accommodate me and I really don't expect anyone to do so. However, if I am asked if there are special needs, I would expect that to be respected. We have Employee Snack day every Thursday.  I usually don't partake because it's usually nothing I would choose.  Ice cream, cookies, chips, etc.  On occasion, we do have fruit, veggies with dip, cheese and even the rare chicken wings.  For our more special recognition occasions, we usually get a T-shirt.  That ends up in my Goodwill donation bag. I just say, "Thank you" because I do understand the thought behind the gesture and consider those gestures to be akin to a gift.  But please don't ask me what I prefer if my preferences are just going to be ignored. It's the being asked and ignored that would irritate me. 

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

Melissa W.
on 3/24/11 3:28 am - Nashville, TN
Thanks for all the thoughts and opinions... we all see and feel things different that is what makes having this outlet good. Sometimes we just need to get it out and just maybe someone will relate or not. I didn't ask they offered and I think that has been overlooked... there is more to my work situation and I have many times along with other employees recommended incentives not be food based. Thanks for the feedback!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 356 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 814 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views