Left out...

Kerry J.
on 3/23/11 10:24 am - Santa Clara, UT
 Hi Jack!!! WOWZA!!! Love the new avatar!!!
Elizabeth N.
on 3/23/11 8:30 am - Burlington County, NJ
Parking my "ditto" here. I don't expect anyone to accomodate my food choices or provide me with special stuff because I'm not mainstream. It's not an ADA issue.
Fade2Pink
on 3/23/11 5:35 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Why do they ask and then ignore the suggestion?  Not very conscientous are they? 
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

MarciRenee
on 3/23/11 6:15 am, edited 3/23/11 6:16 am - IA
I agree with Julie and Nic.

Your experience was what you made it.  In 19+ months I have never one time asked for a "special dietary accommodation" at work or at a party or at a friend/relatives house.  I either eat what is offered or I bring a dish to share that is low carb.  I think you if you sit back and wait for someone to accommodate you, you are going to be a very unhappy camper...food-wise and pretty much everything else-wise in your life as well.   I eat lowish carb pretty much all the time but also splurge at things like parties and holidays...that IS one of the reasons I had the DS.

edited for spelling.
Marci       
Melissa W.
on 3/24/11 3:25 am - Nashville, TN
I think the key point is I never asked...
M Dub
Gettin' Switched November 2nd!
My Son, My Soldier, My Hero!

wannabhealthy45
on 3/23/11 6:16 am - Canada
I think the issue is that the work place was doing this as an "incentive" reward as it were and then they ask if anyone has special needs but do not respect your special needs.  I'm sure if you requested sugar free because you were diabetic they would or should get something in so you can partake in the fun.  Very sad but there are a LOT of inconsiderate work places out there.  Too bad though :(

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

Melissa W.
on 3/23/11 6:46 am - Nashville, TN
On March 23, 2011 at 1:16 PM Pacific Time, wannabhealthy45 wrote:
I think the issue is that the work place was doing this as an "incentive" reward as it were and then they ask if anyone has special needs but do not respect your special needs.  I'm sure if you requested sugar free because you were diabetic they would or should get something in so you can partake in the fun.  Very sad but there are a LOT of inconsiderate work places out there.  Too bad though :(
Yes! Every incentive they do is food related so I am not the only one and suggestions were made that they have healthier options also be considered instead of always pizza or junk food so this time an email was sent and not just for those who wish to eat healthy but for any dietary restriction like gluten free and such and then when people were responding there was literally no effort made. Its like we are excluded and not just myself and it is not fair. I do bring my own all the time to team meetings and pot luck but if it is a company incentive and you exclude some you really are not treating everyone fair but I can see others opinions but if they had not asked and then made a cop out... how can you not find something sugar free? Really? I have never made an issue and still wont but it doesn't make you feel any better when you do the same hard work as everyone else yet they reap all the rewards when it would take so lil effort to include more people... they made sure there was all kinds of options for everyone else... Oh well!
M Dub
Gettin' Switched November 2nd!
My Son, My Soldier, My Hero!

Elizabeth N.
on 3/23/11 12:08 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Ahhhh I see. Hmm, now that's something I'd be inclined to fuss about, in a hopefully educational and team-building way :-). But I wouldn't draw any sense of value or  non-value from it.
J J the Jet Plane
on 3/23/11 7:16 am
Well at my wonderful job, everyone gets cake, ice cream cake, cookies, etc.  But for the past two years on my birthday, we have fruit. OH OH and the year they bought the prepackaged kind, the fluff stuff was removed from the center.

I did not ask for fruit but apparently they think I need fruit, so that is what I get. 

Kind of insulting, but since I am the biggest person in the office and I must  always eat cake like crazy, I can not be trusted on my birthday to not lose control and eat the whole damn cake.  So fruit it is! 

I cant wait to have this surgery and bring a grill to work and make myself a giant steak and a bunch of giant shrimp for my birthday next year, and give them fruit. 

JJ
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/11 7:51 am - San Jose, CA
Unless you told them you didn't want cake and ice cream on your birthday - and I believe you didn't! - then you need to go to whomever order these treats before your birthday and tell them that you find their misguided attempt to be "helpful" to be discriminatory and insulting, drawing deliberate attention to your size, and to ******g stop it.

Actually, I'd go to HR with it, but I suspect that your company is too small to have an HR department.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 356 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 814 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views