Eighteen month surgiversary report

beemerbeeper
on 3/30/11 4:39 am - AL

I am eighteen months out today. I swear I don’t know where the time went.  I think at my age you just blink and another year flies by.

Due to the support, guidance, love and friendship from members of this forum (and the skill of a GREAT cutter) I can report that I continue to have a completely uneventful post-DS life.

I am healthy.  I can physically do everything I wanted to be able to do and more.  The heat doesn’t kill me.  I sleep better.  The quality of my life has drastically improved.  And for those of you who know that I live for dog sports, I am training Vamp to play flyball,  starting an agility class, and walk the dogs every single day.  None of which I could do at 262 lbs.

The highlight of these last 18 months has to have been the first DS Cruise.  We had so much fun and I made life-long friends.  Being around other DSers day and night for almost a week was an amazing learning and bonding experience.  Because I have not had access to support groups with other DSers this was a week-long support group for me.  Amazing.  And the experience didn’t end with the end of the cruise.  My new friends and supporters chat with me on the facebook page set up for the next cruise and continue to help and support me.

My life has changed in a lot of major ways since my DS. If you are a newbie you should be aware that the ride may take you to places other than those where you wish to go or expect to go.  I ended a long term relationship (not uncommon) and I have moved and put my house on the market.  (Nice mountain house for sale…great price…motivated seller…PM me lol.) 

I wonder what the next 18 months will hold for me.  Living a normal life in a normal sized body makes everything easier.  But life is hard, even for skinny *****es, and the DS will not fix your head, give you love, or solve your issues.  I told you so.

Thanks DS friends.  I love you all, appreciate you all and would not be this healthy, happy (and thin) if it weren’t for you. 

Photos are all over the facebook page that is linked below. My signature stats are correct as of today. 

~Becky~

manditude
on 3/30/11 4:43 am
Congrats Becky on your improved quality of life. Being able to run around and do things is an often understated achievement of weight loss. So many focus on the pounds and not the regained abilities. Your achievements are commendable and good luck to you in the future as well. =)

-Mandi
DSFacts
5'1" HW: 360  SW: 337? CW: 132 GW: 130
DS: March 2011, Plastics: LBL+BLA: April 2015

beemerbeeper
on 3/31/11 2:20 am - AL
Thank you Mandi.  It is easy to get stuck on the scale game and forget the real reasons we needed to lose weight!! 

~Becky

Blank Out
on 3/30/11 4:50 am
That's awesome! Congrats to you! 

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

beemerbeeper
on 3/31/11 2:20 am - AL
Thank you!!!

yorkieGal
on 3/30/11 4:55 am - Clermont, FL
That's awesome Becky, all those changes have really required alot of courage on your part and no matter how hard it has become at times, you just keep going. That gritty determination of your's is a great asset.
Well done you!! You deserve all the good things that have come to you and I'm sure loads more awesome experiences are on their way!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

beemerbeeper
on 3/31/11 2:21 am - AL
Thank you sweetie.  Our friendship means the world to me.

~Becky

kathy215
on 3/30/11 4:59 am
Congratulations !!!! All your hard work paid off and you are an inspirations to us newbies.. !!!!
beemerbeeper
on 3/31/11 2:22 am - AL
Thank you Kathy! 

~Becky

kjfras
on 3/30/11 5:05 am - North Lauderdale, FL

Awesome job Becky!!!  What a great update.  I'm so happy that everything is going well for you and you seem soooo happy!

I can't wait to meet you next July on the Cruise!!!

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 335 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 800 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views