6 Months Ago and Now...

rubytica
on 7/27/11 2:06 am - GA
 Congratulations. Thanks for sharing and give hope to us newbies.
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 7:36 am
Thanks for your message rubytica...I hope your weight loss journey is a good one as well...
ModestoK
on 7/27/11 3:30 am
Gypsy, I cannot tell you how impressed I am with your loss!
I was wondering - can you give me some details about how you rocked your DS so well?  Did you go ultra low carb?  What is your exercise regiment?
I'm asking because I'm also 6 months out, and although I'm thrilled by how far I've come in these few short months, my progress is nowhere near as awesome as yours. 
I have thryoid issues, but I'm wondering what I can do to kick up my loss - I've been in a stall for weeks despite going to the gym frequently and now because of my monthly visitor, I'm up 6 pounds.  So frustrating!!!

I'm also curious - what are your lab results like?  I just got back some of mine, and apparently I've REALLY been overdoing the B vitamins!   Part of the problem may be that I didn't realize my Kirkland Calcium Citrate also had lots of extras.  I'm going to have to stop taking B vitamins for awhile to get my levels down - I've started getting numbness in my hands due to excessive B-6.

Thanks for your inspiring post!   You do plan to photo***** don't you???

Kim
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 7:50 am
Thank you Kim...I loved your message..My labs have been very good...I had to quit taking Vit D cause I had too much...all other tests were very normal even at the 3 month labs...I try to fool my body...eating 50 carbs one day and really lowering it the next day..My dr. wants me to eat between 1000 to 1500 calories a day....I usually cap it around 1000 cals per day.....I exercise everyday at home...and do alot of walking...Im very strong in following the plan.....protein first ...my vites...and I log all my food...I have kept a journal of my meals and amount of exercise I do...keeping busy helps because I tend to eat when Im stressed or bored...I need to throw my scale out the window tho, as I do tend to weigh myself everyday...lol...I have had my share of frustrations too with stalls and what have you but I stopped worrying about them cuz stalls are going to happen...Everyone is different some lose weight faster then others...I was told in the beginning of my weight loss journey not to worry or stress out about my rate of weight lose but to go with the flow and enjoy the ride!!!!  Wishing you continued success and hang in there!!!  You are doing great!!!  Pic will be posted ....eventually!!

Sincerely, Gypsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 682 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views