6 Months Ago and Now...

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 5:43 am
Hello DSers....

As of today I am 6 months out from surgery and what a ride it has been!!  I have gone from 250lbs in January to 167lbs as of today....That is a total of 83lbs lost...This weight loss journey has come with its share of frustrations...slow weight loss periods, several stalls and some bouts of nausea, but in the end it has all worked out for the better. Literally this surgery saved my life!!!  I had my reservations about taking this major step to lose weight!!  I have tried countless diets and countless times but to no avail.  I convinced myself I was doomed to be heavy and tried to make the best of it. Today I am sooo grateful and proud of my decision to "fight back"!!  Since my surgery I am delighted to shop for regular sized clothes off the rack.  I am currently on my way down to size 12!!  I am now able to run and play with the kiddies.  I now can sit in a chair without worrying it was going to buckle underneath me.  My blood pressure numbers are within the normal range. The tight feeling in my chest has disappeared.  I particularly love not being the biggest gal at the party anymore.  I have found my self confidence and everyday is a new adventure.  I sooo love my DS and wished I would have done it sooner!!!!  Thanks to everyone who has helped me with advice it has been deeply appreciated!!

Sincerely,  Gypsy
Naked_Lizard
on 7/26/11 6:10 am - West Haven, UT
Gypsy, you brought the biggest smile to my face. You sound so happy and that is the way it should be. Congrats on your journy so far and there's to the next leg!!! WOOT!
Toni
HW/298 ~ SW/285 ~ CW/161~ GW/140
OnederLand & Century Club - 11/29/2010

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 8:27 am
Hi Toni...

Thanks for your supportive messge!!  I loved to see that I have made someone smile!! :)
_Leslie_
on 7/26/11 6:42 am - Franklin, WI
Keep rocking that DS!
It only gets better from here!

448|180|199   
5'10"  268 lbs gone!!
                     SW  CW  GW   

Duodenal Switch                                      
                                   Surgery Date: July 30, 2010                      

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 8:29 am
Hi Leslie...Im ROCKING my DS...you betcha I am...and I hope it continues to get better too...Thanks for your message!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 7:27 am
Congratulations!  It's so good to hear all these success stories!

I'm 4 months out (on July 28). I also started the journey at 250. I'm down 60 pounds and hope to be where you are in 2 months.
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 8:31 am
Thanks Bonnie for your message...I love success stories too and am happy to be one!!  I wish you continued sucess with your weight loss journey as well and congrats on the 60lbs loss..
sarah141
on 7/26/11 9:01 am - Fort Bragg, CA
Congratulations on your success!  Keep using your tool!
 - Sarah    (Don't tell anyone I'm a secret ninja warrior!)
Visit: ThugRadio.Net, twitter.com/ThugRadio, sarah-anderson.artistwebsites.com/

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 12:12 pm
Thanks Sarah....Im using my DS tool to the best of my ability!!!!
litebrite
on 7/26/11 9:11 am - Telford, PA
Wonderful post.  I am having surgery next month and this gives me hope and encouragement.

CONGRATS!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 379 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 828 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views