switched 7/`9 w some regrets at the moment

scoob
on 7/27/11 3:25 am - Somerset, KY
So sorry you're going through this. There are many DSers who have had leaks, been on TPN and now they are doing wonderfully. That being said, right now it just plain sucks. I have been reading here for over 2 years and it will get better. Again, so sorry you're going though this and I will keep you in my thoughts! Big HUGS

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

kirmy
on 7/27/11 4:03 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Oh you poor honey.  Listen this is a ****ty but fixable complication of a very complex surgery....especially a revision.   Hang tight and let this wash over you.  Take your meds and stick with TPN and let your body heal.  It is ok not to love your DS right now but it will get better and you'll start feeling much better after another two months of healing.

In 12 months time you'll be photo whoring and we'll be giving you a standing ovation as you show off your sexy, slinky self.  Be strong. xx

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
R. Murvin
on 7/27/11 4:21 am - Savannah, GA

I hope and pray you feel better. I felt the same way you did because I didnt have any medical problems going into this surgery but it was a decision I still made to have. I hade complications from the surgery and ended up in the hospital for 3 1/2 months and NPO the whole time. Did I regret having the surgery that time yes I did. But I am loving it right now.

ABath
on 7/27/11 5:27 am - WI
VSG on 11/26/13
I am truly sorry that you are having these complications and will send thoughts and prayers your way. 

This is somewhat of a hijack but I had almost completed my pre-op stuff for RNY and found the DS. Now I have so much info in my head that I can't keep everything straight. RNY info versus DS info. I'm trying to learn the lingo so would you mind clarifying what the acronyms TPN and NPO stand for?

Thank you.

Height: 5'1" HW: 229 SW: 203 CW: 147.7

Sarah_Anne
on 7/27/11 6:56 am
NPO means nothing by mouth.
TPN is total parenteral nutrition which is a way to get nutition in an IV bag with out having to use the stomach which can't be worked at the moment as she has a leak.  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
ABath
on 7/27/11 7:59 am - WI
VSG on 11/26/13
Thank you very much. See, I learned something today.

Lori F.
on 7/27/11 9:25 am - Chula Vista, CA

I'm so glad you asked that. I'm new too and I couldn't figure out those acronyms!

Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
ABath
on 7/28/11 7:21 am - WI
VSG on 11/26/13
I'm so bad that I have a Word doc that I'm using to compile info on acronyms, links, best practices, good protein drinks, etc... There is too much info on this board for my noggin to maintain.

sandy_mt
on 7/27/11 7:11 am
 *HUGS* Monique.  I feel so bad you are going through this, but everyone is right.  One day this will be a distant memory, and you won't even think about it because you'll be living your new thin life.  Love ya,girl.  

Sandy

Sexyvt123
on 7/27/11 7:59 am
Aww im so sorry Monique.  I know you must be sick and tired of hearing this but things will get better.  We all want surgery so bad and then when things get a lil complicated we regret it but remember it will all be worth it in the end.  This is just a lil bump in the road thats all. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 677 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1003 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views