switched 7/`9 w some regrets at the moment

Monique A.
on 7/27/11 12:41 am - NY
So I am finally home again. Had my Lap RNY to DS revision w Dr ROslin LAst Tues 7/19. First bad sign is they rescheduled me to the next day bc Roslin had a few Emergencies on the monday. every night the resident made me suffer btwnallergic rxn poain bleeding to fever. Post op first 3 days was v rough. Pain without saying was nothing to smile about. day 4 I started spiking temp despite that they discharge me the next day stating that the routine evaulation was negative. WEnt home day 4 returned to ER day 6 because the fever continued. THey did not want to do the CT scan because they thought it was a UTI. I have never had one in my life and I think I would have had some sign. THey did the CT scan and there it all started again. Unfortunately I had a extremely small leak so I am NPO on TPN for the next week. Send your good vibes this way cause I sure could use it. Pain is manageable TPn sucks. what else can I say. I am happy I did this voluntarily w/o any medical problems right now I regret it. but I cant undo it so I will work w what I have.
KarenFlorida
on 7/27/11 12:56 am - Orlando, FL
I'm so sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'll be praying for you for quick healing of the leak, and hopefully your recovery will be smooth after that!

Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

Sher Bear Mama
on 7/27/11 12:58 am
I'm so sorry you're going through this Monique! It's got to be awful and you must feel incredibly out of control.  I'm preop so I have no advice or words of wisdom, but I'll be thinking of you and hoping for a speedy recovery.  Best of luck.
Sher--the bear mama

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 1:03 am
Renfairewench
on 7/27/11 1:08 am, edited 7/27/11 1:10 am
Hang in there Monique.  I was on TPN for 9 months. Being NPO, on antibiotics and TPN is the way to get the leak to heal. Plus right now you are probably not feeling all that good, but think of it as a good rest for your stomach and your mouth. I actually was glad that I didn't have to eat since all I ever did when I ate was get sick and throw up.  I was on enteral feeding with a J-tube for three months too.

Right now you are having some buyers remorse. It's normal. Just try to remember that this is what you need to get better to continue your journey. It is only a pot hole in the road to skinnieness.  Hang in there honey and keep the faith. It will get better.

Love,
Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

NoMore B.
on 7/27/11 1:09 am
I'm sorry this is happening to you.  I'm glad you're getting the care you need and I hope you recover smoothly from here on out. 

Recovery, even under the best of cir****tances, is rough.  Lots of folks have the "what have I done to myself" feeling.  I can't imagine how rough it is with complications.

Please hang in there, this will pass hopefully quickly.  We're here for you.
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 7/27/11 1:43 am
Ouch! Sorry to hear about the leak and complications.

I hope you get better soon!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Frankie
on 7/27/11 2:13 am - NY
Sorry you are not feeling better, wishing you a speedy recovery.  Rest, rest and rest.

Take care,
Frankie

Jody W.
on 7/27/11 2:20 am - Windsor, CT
Monique...
I am sending out big prayer vibes... and good thoughts... I think you are probably in a bad spot right now physicallly and mentally... but things WILL get better... Give yourself a break...and remember that you did this for a reason... and eventually you will get through this storm....
-Jody

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

teachmid
on 7/27/11 2:24 am - OKC, OK
I am so sorry you've had a rough start, but it will get better. Sending healing vibes... {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 369 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 822 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views