Can anyone help?

ginany
on 8/2/11 6:27 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
Im going for the DS  I was originally looking into ROSE but the insurance dont pay for it.   My research shoes the DS is much better.  I have a seminar at Lenox Hill in NY on 8/9 and  I have an actual consult at Weil Cornell on 8/23.  Im undecided whuch to go with.  they are both wonderful hospitals.  If anyone has any feedback on either, I would appreciate it.

Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

teachmid
on 8/2/11 6:37 am - OKC, OK
Welcome. I had a RNY to DS revision last December. This is very complex surgery and there are only a few skilled surgeons doing them in this country. Please check out the list of vetted surgeons on DSFacts.com.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

ginany
on 8/2/11 8:11 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
Thank you so much for that very helpful and informative link.  Lenox Hill was listed but not Weill Cornell, so that has helped me make my decision. 
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

newyorkbitch
on 8/2/11 10:36 am
I have no idea why Pomp is not on there.  It's absurd.
nightowl
on 8/2/11 4:06 pm - Topeka, KS
He used to be.  I think he was removed for moving towards making so many DSers do it in 2 stages, when other DS surgeons find a one stage DS best for the same patients.
nightowl
on 8/2/11 4:16 pm - Topeka, KS
Ahh  -- I hadn't read the whole thread when I replied.  Looks like this has already been discussed somewhat (the 2-stage matter).
If I recall correctly, the two-stage matter is also why Dr. Schweitzer of Johns Hopkins was removed from the list.  (Although he now has a blanket policy of requiring DSes be in 2 stages, whereas Pomp is still doing some relative lightweights in just one surgery.)
Janine P.
on 8/2/11 7:40 am - Long Island, NY
I went to Cornell and loved it.

Best of luck!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

beemerbeeper
on 8/2/11 7:51 am - AL
You are asking the wrong question.  You need to ask for feedback about the surgeon's you are considering (by name) not the hospitals.

Only a handful of surgeons in the WORLD are qualified to do a RnY to DS revision.  Which sugeons are you considering?

~Becky

ginany
on 8/2/11 8:39 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
I have heard of the surgeon at Lenox Hill.  His name is Mitchell Roslin.  Alfons Pomp is at Weil Cornell.
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

Janine P.
on 8/2/11 10:12 am - Long Island, NY
Yeah, I had Pomp.  Love the man.  I was a band revision, though, not an RNY, so I can't speak from experience on who does good work for an RNY to DS revision.  I just know that Pomp is head of laproscopic surgery at Cornell and he's skilled.  Roslin is too, and I know someone on this board that just had an RNY to DS revision with him a week or so ago.  Very skilled man.

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 860 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1109 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 371 views