Can anyone help?

newyorkbitch
on 8/2/11 10:16 am, edited 8/2/11 10:36 am
Cornell is a far better hospital.  In a different league.  And their follow up program is one of the best.  Their lead nutritionist,  Liz Goldenberg,  is smart and knowledgeable and has been doing DS nutrition for a long time - she was also on the original Gagner team at Mt Sinai.   The whole WLS program is good.

Pomp is one of the most experienced DS surgeons in the country - been doing them for a long time.  He was on the original Gagner team at Mt Sinai.

This does not mean that Roslin is not a good surgeon.   But given the choice,  I'd go to Cornell and use Pomp.

Also:  I live in Manhattan.  Later on, if you need a hematologist/internist etc...ask away.  Although the Cornell program is very organized in that regard.
larra
on 8/2/11 10:28 am - bay area, CA
The insurance not paying for the ROSE procedure was a blessing in disguise. It doesn't work, and that's why no insurance that I've ever heard of pays for it. Even short term results are poor, let alone longterm.
    Dr. Roslin seems to be doing more and more RNY to DS revisions. Dr. Pomp seems to be more conservative, and we've seen several of his revision patients end up needing 2 operations as he doesn't do the entire revision in one operation. You could of course ask him if he would do an entire RNY to DS in one operation, but I think your chances are better with Dr. Roslin.

Larra
newyorkbitch
on 8/2/11 10:44 am
If Pomp recommends it in two stages....ask him why.

ginany
on 8/2/11 11:15 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
I saw that on the link someone posted but didnt pay much mind to it.  Has anyone had to do it in 2 stages.  i cant see having 2 sugeries for it but if that is what it takes, I will do it.  Does he usually suggest it?

For everyone else, thanks for your feedback.  I think I am going to choose Dr. Pomp.  I also appreciate a doctor with a good bedside manner and some reviews suggested that the other Dr didnt have much of a bedside manner.
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

newyorkbitch
on 8/2/11 11:22 am
Don't decide until you have had both of your consults.
ginany
on 8/2/11 2:00 pm - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
After reviewing my info I realized they gave me an apt at Weil Cornell wit Dr Gregory Dakin.  Does anyone have any feedback on him?
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

Most Active
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 0 replies · 7 views
Recent Topics
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 0 replies · 7 views
DS to RNY revision?